Language? - Fluff

Description: Dream doesn't understand, or know japanese, but Sapnap does. aka: Sapnap talks in a different language to mess with Dream.

TW: none

A/N: No valentine's update, unfortunately D: I don't do calendar events, they stress me out 😅

I don't speak japanese fluently, so translations might be off! (I will be using romanized(?) Japanese words!)

quotes (') with italics is talking

———––-

'I don't have Techno's ax!' Fundy exclaimed, 'Usotsuki! Anata wa sore o motte imashita!' ¹ Sapnap responded, his voice raised and angry paired with an unknown language. 'SAPNAP YOU'RE SCARING ME I DON'T HAVE IT' Fundy screamed as he scurried away. 'Son'nani kantan ni nigeru koto wa dekimasen! Modotte kite, Fundy!' ² Sapnap yelled as he pulled out his axe to chase the fox.

'...Sapnap speaks another language?' Dream murmured to himself, he had no clue what Sapnap had just said but it definitely was not greek or english, that's for sure. 'Uh Dream why was Sapnap cussing Fundy out?' Karl asked, the brunette approaching the white haired man.

'Uh... Techno's ax, Sapnap wants it' Dream replied shortly, Karl let out a noise of acknowledgement. 'Do you know what language he was talking in?' Dream asked, Karl pitched the other a confused look: 'uh... english?' Karl replied in confusion, Dream sighed 'Nevermind, I'll ask him later' Karl nodded and bid the snow haired man goodbye. Dream returning the favor before heading to his and Sapnap's shared house.

'Tadaima!' ³ Sapnap called out with a yawn. he'd been switching from english to japanese after he learned how to somewhat fluently speak it, even if it was the more proper way of talking. 'You good?' Dream asked. Sapnap nodded as he snaked his arms around the taller's waist; the older gently petting his hair.

'yamete kudasai' ⁴ Sapnap mumbled softly as he breathed out, it may have felt good but that doesn't mean he has the right to do it, 'I don't know what language you're speaking in right now but you sound absolutely adorable' Dream chuckled, Sapnap's head shot up to look at the taller, 'You don't know japanese?' Sapnap asked curiously, '...when did you have time to learn a new language?' Dream questioned, the younger responded with a grin and a finger pressed to his lip, as if to say I won't tell. Dream hummed and pressed a kiss to Sapnap's forehead.

Soft and sweet and no matter the circumstances, Sapnap will be flustered after. a win, win in Dream's opinion. Sapnap buried his flushed face into the taller man's chest, 'omae kawaii ne...' Dream heard the other mumbled. 'What does that mean?' Dream asked; Sapnap smiled 'You're cute', Dream could only stammer a response as Sapnap slipped away from his grasp.

'I'll be in my room if you need anything' Sapnap grinned as he basically jumped up the steps, Dream's brain still processing the very forward compliment that made him short circuit. Sapnap only giggled at his work.

———––-

1: “Liar! You have it!”

2: “You aren't getting away that easily! Come back, Fundy!”

3: “I'm home!”

4: “Stop it (Please)”

hope you guys enjoyed, yes I did a double update, or an update back to back depending on where you live—

I just wanna say thank you for 200+ views! according to wattpad statistics, only a few of you that read my book vote on each chapter, so please do consider voting! it's free and you can always unvote later!