I hope too!

Veer Singhania

  Clutching my head in my palms I groaned.

Why did I get drunk last night?

Just then the door of my room opened and walked in Avni with a tray in her hand and a smile on her face.

"How bad is it?" She asked keeping the tray on the bedside table.

"Very!" I said groaning and she just chuckled.

She sat on the edge of the bed and handed me a glass of lemon juice and some medicine.

"Have it. And rest for a while. We are heading for the beach in afternoon anyways." She said and I just nodded and had it.
In no time sleep again consumed me.

I was just walking downstairs yawning when suddenly a pillow came and hit my face.
I just rubbed my face and looked at scene before me where Mihir was running behind Avni and throwing stuff at her which she was very skillfully dodging.
She was running around while constantly laughing.

And boy the view was worth watching!

Suddenly she came and hid behind me hugging me from behind.
And I just felt like the world stopped.
Mihir was babbling about something but I couldn't hear anything because I was only concentrating on how her hands felt on my body.

It felt soo fucking good!

"Veer save me!" She said from behind me in a muffled voice.

"What are you guys fighting about now?" I asked as I removed Avni's hands from around me and made her stand beside me holding her by her shoulder.

"He always keeps on irritating me!" Avni said and then Mihir said "Whaa— Such a lier! Veer, I tell you don't fall for that face of hers. I was sleeping peacefully when she came and screamed in my ears and I got up startled." Mihir said glaring at her.

I just laughed at it. Like the real laugh. Clutching my stomach.

It's been so long since I laughed like this!

"Now don't fight like kids, we need to leave—

"You bitch!" I heard Trisha yell.

"Why the hell are you standing this close to him?" Trisha started yelling as she came near Avni and We all looked at her shocked.

What the actual hell?

"Excuse me?" Avni said scoffing.

"You clearly are too desperate for Veer's attention but these cheap tactics won't work here. Bloody —Trisha was saying raising her voice when I interrupted her.

"Don't complete that sentence Trisha or you would not like the consequences." I said to her gritting my teeth.

"Veer! You don't know she is playing her cheap games. Yesterday she purposefully spiked ny drink so I would get too drunk and pass out." She said glaring at Avni.

"What do you think of me as? I am not someone who could stoop this low just because I need someone in my life!" By now Avni was yelling at the top of her voice.

"Because clearly I am not the one who is already married but still wants to get hitched to Veer because he has the power & money!" Avni said and I looked at her baffled.

What is she talking about?
Already married?
Trisha?

Even Trisha looked shocked for a second but then covered her expression and started crying.
"Veer, She is talking nonsense about me and you are just going to listen to it?" Trisha said while sobbing.

"Avni what the hell are you talking about?" I asked her confused and I could see everyone stood there with confused faces.

"Truth! I am talking about the truth! All these years where was she? Ask her! Why did she not try to mend your relationship when she claims to love you this much? Why now after 4 years she wants you back?" Avni said with fire in her eyes.

"But that doesn't mean that I am married!" Trisha said still sobbing.

"Ohh please! Go with this drama of yours to that british husband of yours! She is been married since 2 years! She no longer stays in India. When her father's company was facing crisis he made this business deal and made her marry that british businessman." She finished looking at me.

And I looked at her astonished.
This can't be true, right?

I mean Trisha can't be this bad. Yeah she is bitchy but can she be a cheater?

"Do you have proofs?" Trisha asked and Avni stood there quiet.

"How can you talk shit when you don't even have proofs!" Trisha yelled.

"Veer, Trust me!" Avni said looking at her.
And my mind was only taking me back to the incident which happened four years ago when I trusted Trisha over Avni. And today I did not want to repeat the mistake twice.

"Avni, calm down. I think you misunderstood the situation. We'll talk about it later okay?" I said to her holding her shoulders.

Because I know for a fact that If Avni is telling things with this amount of confidence, she isn't lying. I've known her.

She doesn't know how to lie!

"Pack your things. We are leaving." I said and headed towards my room with numerous questions swarming in mg head. But I don't know from where will I get those answers.
.
.
I was sitting in my balcony thinking about how am I going to get married in 2 days.
I sighed frustrated. I don't understand my frustration these days. I mean I am getting married to my ex- girlfriend.

It can't be that bad, right?

I felt someone's presence beside me and turned to look that it was Raghav.
"What is troubling you, Veer?" He asked.

"I can't just accept the fact that I have to get married to Trisha!" I said and ran my hand in my hair frustratingly.

"Why? I mean there was time when you loved her to death. Now what is wrong? I know for a fact that you can never unlove a person!" He said calmly.

"Then maybe I never loved her! I was just fooling myself. Because now when I look back it is only Avni in my memories. Not even a trace of Trisha." I said sighing.

"So, Avni eh?" He asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"Do you love her?" He asked and for the first time in my life I was speechless. I did not know the answer. I wanted to deny him but then my heart just went against it.

"The moment I see her, my whole world becomes bright. The smile on my lips feel weird. The beats of my heart stop skipping. Do you know what this feeling is?" I asked him being honest about my feelings because I was tired of running away from these feelings.

"I don't know why but I will do anything and everything in my power, for her, to see her just smile! What is this?" I asked him again and stood at the railing frustrated.

He just smiled at me and said
"I didn't know you were the type to lose your sanity for a girl."

"I didn't either!" I said chuckling when Avni's smiling face crossed before my eyes.

"I know what that feeling is. But You have to find out about it on your own. Just don't be too late Veer!" He said and with this he left.

I hope too!