eighteen - Prank gone wrong pt.1

What do you guys think about the new cover? :)

S A R G E N T

Sam, Cody, and I got invited to a party and were now on our ways to it. I was still laughing in my head about the whole Edwards thing. I might feel a bit bad because, well, leaving her at an abandoned building with no light and warmth was a jerk move, but who said I'm not a jerk, hah.

We got out of the car and Samantha connected her arm with mine. Samantha really did a good job with tricking that dumbass Edwards, I was proud of how she handled it all.

Sam and I go way back. We have been friends since kindergarten and our moms have been friends since high school. I would always look out for her every time someone hurt her and she would always have my back.

I ordered 6 shots from the bar and started drinking one after one. I was slowly starting to feel the alcohol kicking in and it was time for the pills. I put my hand into my jacket pocket and reached for the pills when suddenly a fist connected with my face.

"What the fuck man!" I yelled and came face to face with Sam's brother, Gray.

I never liked Gray, to begin with, he was always the loner and the weak guy and I hated him for that. He was nothing like Sam.

"She's fucking dead, you idiot!"

What? Who's he talking about?

I laughed and couldn't think straight because of the alcohol. Is he on something too?

Samantha was approaching us now looking furiously at her brother, "What're you doing here Gray?" She looked at me and her eyes widened, "What happened to you?!" she continued.

"Your fucking brother happened!" I yelled

"Why would you punch him, Gray?!" She yelled at her brother

"You and this fucking asshole killed Willow!" he yelled and Sam tried to stop him from hitting me once more, standing like a shield between us two.

My stomach dropped, what is he talking about? All we did was prank her, we were going to pick her up in the morning?.

I pushed Sam to the side and took a hold of Gray's shirt," What did you just say?" I said and felt that same disgusting feeling at the pit of my stomach.

"You heard me! After you left her at that fucking building, she got poisoned by some gas leak" everyone at the party was watching us and the only sound that was heard was the music,"I tried to save her after I overheard you and Samantha talk at the school but I was too late!" he continued yelling into my face.

I felt weak and felt my hands leaving its hold of his shirt. I walked out of the building and I started puking like crazy.

I was the reason someone was dead?...Again?

Edwards was dead because of me? Oh god.

How was I supposed to know the building had a gas leak? I didn't mean to kill her I- I would never kill someone...

I was trying to walk to my car but failed because of the alcohol, I felt someone run towards me and looked behind me to see Cody with widened eyes looking at me.

"What are you going to do now?" he asked and tried to help me get up.

"I-I didn't kill anyone! She's not dead! He's lying!" I yelled and pointed at Gray who was getting out of the house.

"Hey! Sargent, focus! We have to do something about this! You killed someone!" Cody yelled back trying to get me to think straight.

I pushed him off of me and got into my car, and drove off as fast as I could. My mind was killing me. How would mom react to this? Oh, god, Willow...I didn't mean to... I'm so fucking sorry! Her family?!

My phone was buzzing like crazy in my pocket but I couldn't handle anyone right now. Nothing mattered... I was a murderer. I was the reason someone was dead.

And it was fucking Willow...My mind was putting up memories with her, every one of them racing in my head, making my head dizzy.

I won't lie, Edwards was a pretty girl and I was really an asshole just like she called me. I was everything she called me. I was disgusting, I should die!

I stopped the car and realized that I had driven to a cliff. The waves were hitting higher and higher and I took a deep breath and felt the disgusting taste of puke. If I had just not given a fuck and let her just be, she would be alive now.

I walked closer to the edge of the cliff and looked down and saw all the rocks.

"Don't do it" Huh?

I looked behind me and saw Willow standing a few feet away from me.

"Edwards, I-I thought you were dead?" I asked and she disappeared.

"Who says I'm not?" I heard a voice beside me.

Great, now her ghost was haunting my mind.

There's this quote "When a man hates himself, he takes it out on the woman who loves him

There's this quote "When a man hates himself, he takes it out on the woman who loves him. Always remember this" - r.h.Sin

And I think it suits Sargent really well...

Do you really think Willow is gone?

Thank you for reading chapter 18, lots of love!!! <3