Chapter 29

Edits by Naravil

During the evening meal, Tang Tang held the debit card out to Ji Yan and started to list the money she had spent today, "Husband, I spent quite a bit today, furniture and appliances cost around 50,000, daily essentials cost a few thousand, and ..."

"Tang Tang." Ji Yan interrupted and looked at her, "You don't need to return the card to me. Keep it safe. Use it to buy whatever you need in the future, and there is no need to report back to me of what you spent. Remember this, ok?"

"Erm ..." Tang Tang blinked before she slowly nodded under his gaze, "I'll remember."

Then Ji Yan lowered his head to continue eating.

Tang Tang stared at him blankly for a while before lifting the corner of her lips. She couldn't stop the sweetness she felt from overflowing. Unexpectedly, he actually let her spend money as she pleased, didn't it mean that he trusted her? Hehe~

The sweetness she felt lasted till bedtime. Tang Tang was prepared to do the same as usual by sleeping with Ji Xiao Zhuo in the secondary room while Ji Yan slept in the master bedroom. But, who knew, Ji Xiao Zhuo was not willing this time.

Instead, Ji Xiao Zhuo hugged Tang Tang's legs to prevent her from moving. While doing this, he looked at her in a way that would make others feel soft, "Mummy, are we sleeping separately from daddy? Can't we sleep together like last night? I want us to sleep together like yesterday! Is that ok, mummy ~"

Tang Tang went speechless as Xiao Zhuo acted coquettishly. Her face reddened, but she was helpless and didn't know what she should say. She secretly looked at Ji Yan from the corner of her eye and hoped he would be able to convince the little one.

Ji Yan massaged his forehead before picking up the little one that was like a koala bear. He patted Xiao Zhuo's bottom and said, "Didn't daddy say it before, daddy and mummy are used to sleeping in our own rooms. Otherwise, we can't fall asleep."

Ji Xiao Zhuo pouted unhappily and accused, "You're lying, daddy. I'm no longer a three years old kid. You can't trick me. We slept together last night, and you and mummy slept fine. In fact, daddy slept better than mummy and I! You didn't even wake up when mummy wiped your feet!"

Ji Yan was speechless and thought the little one was smart. He wasn't easy to deceive.

Touching her hair, Tang Tang lowered her head and tried her best to decrease her presence. She prayed that the little one wouldn't target her next. Sorry, husband, you'll have to solve this difficult problem alone.

Before Ji Yan could come up with an excuse, Ji Xiao Zhuo suddenly became tearful and deflated. He asked with grief, "Daddy, mummy, are you going to get a divorce? Am I going to become an unwanted child?"

Both Ji Yan and Tang Tang were stunned by Xiao Zhuo's question. They didn't know why the little one would suddenly ask such a question, but Tang Tang couldn't stand his tearful expression. She immediately hugged Xiao Zhuo and comforted him, "No. No. Daddy and mummy are not getting a divorce. Don't have silly thoughts."

Ji Xiao Zhuo rested on Tang Tang's shoulder heartbroken and tearfully gazed at Ji Yan. He choked, "Don't lie to me. You're living separately. You're definitely planning to divorce. I understand it."

The little one actually understood the term "living separately." Where did he learn the term? At the moment, Ji Yan wanted to know why kids nowadays could understand so many things! His child was only three and a half years old, and he understood such a thing?

Tang Tang looked at Ji Yan helplessly, "Husband ..."

Ji Yan sighed. He took Xiao Zhuo off her as he could tell she could no longer support Xiao Zhuo's weight. He comprised, "Ok, ok, mummy and daddy are not divorcing. Let's all sleep together in one room from now on, ok?"