chapter 2

... Flashback ...

"Hayley Peterson?"

"Yes?"

"Hi, nice to finally meet you." He puts his hand out for me to shake.

We shake hands.

"Hello?"

"I'm sorry we had to meet like this. I didn't want to show up at your house and get in trouble."

I look at him confused.

"I'm sorry who are you?"

"Well. Long story short I'm..."

"Just spit it out man I need to get home"

"Well this is a hard thing to say"

"You came all this way man, I'm here in front of you listening. Just tell me." I say and looking back at the bus.

"I'm your dad"

"What?" I laugh.

"Hayley, i- I am your real father."

"Look sir. I don't know how you know my name and where I live or whatever but I don't have time for jokes. Now if you'll excuse me I need to catch the bus and go home to my family"

"I know you read the letter I sent you. That was proof that she was your mother."

"Anyone could have wrote that note. Just go home sir. I'm not the girl you're looking for"

..

"Who was that?"

"Remember when I showed you that letter? Someone was trying to tell me that my parents aren't really my parents?"

"Yeaahhh?" Emma says chewing on her gum.

"Well that guy just said that he sent them to me and that he's my dad"

"What the- what? Dude I told you that you should tell your dad. This guy knows where you live and shit. You should describe him to your dad maybe he wants something from your dad. What if the bus left and he told you he would drive you home and kidnap you?"

"Woah. Uh- it's fine Emma. If he does it again I'll tell my dad okay?"

"Always carry your phone with you. Remember that I have the gps on you. I'll buy you a knife tomorrow as well."

"Jesus calm down"

"I'm not Jesus" she says confused.

"What?" I say.

"What?" she laughs.

... End of flashback ...

"He doesn't look like him"

"Well of course he doesn't dude, that was years ago. People age and apparently this man gets better looking by time" I can hear it, she bit her lip. Why does she do this so much, its... hot. What?

"What am I supposed to do?" I sigh.

"Should I come up there? Should I tell security to get him out? Or do you want to talk to him? Hurry he's entering the building any second"

"Let him come up. We'll settle this once and for all. I'll call you if I need something." I groan.

"Should I tell your dad? I mean uh- I mean he's still your dad. But if this guy is your dad then-"

"No Emma. Do you want this guy to leave the building flying from my window or walk out with a broken nose?"

"Oh I would love to see your dad hit someone. It's been years since I've seen that, so hot. Okay Hayley he's coming up"