Chapter 36

Edits by Vesper

On the day before Grandma Zhuo's birthday, Ji Yan applied for some days off and brought Tang Tang and Ji Xiao Zhuo to the capital with him.

The Zhuo's family ancestral home was located at the outskirts of the capital city. The estate was very big and there were experts that guarded and patrolled around the estate.

This was Tang Tang's first time seeing such an imposing and solemn residence. Tang Tang had to change the impression she had of the Zhuo's family status.

Previously when she saw brother Zhuo Ji, she was certain that he was from a wealthy family judging by his temperament. But she now discovered that he wasn't just a normal rich family, but a very wealthy and powerful one.

Gu Zhang An and Ji Yue both looked like they were rich as well. It seemed like her husband's friends weren't ordinary? Was her husband also not an ordinary person?

Suddenly, Tang Tang remembered what Gu Yan Ran had told her last time. The Ji family was a military family. Were they also very amazing?

With his sharp senses, Ji Yan noticed an enquiring gaze coming from the person next to him. He turned to look at Tang Tang and asked, "What's wrong?"

Tang Tang pursed her lips. She originally wanted to ask but she changed her mind and shook her head, "Nothing."

Ji Yan assumed it was because Tang Tang wasn't used to being in a place like this so he patted her head, as he usually did to Xiao Zhuo, and said, "Don't be afraid. Just treat it like we're at home. Don't restrain yourself."

At that moment, nothing went through her mind as it was filled with Ji Yan patting her head. That was the first time he had patted her head. She was so happy...

As a result, Ji Xiao Zhuo saw his mummy smile stupidly at his daddy for no reason. He couldn't help but shake his head and thought women were really hard to understand.

When Grandma Zhuo heard the guard at the door announce that Ji Yan had arrived and there was a child with him, she guessed that the child must be Ji Xiao Zhuo. She was extremely happy and personally went to the main entrance to welcome them. Her heart melted when she saw the chubby cute figure of Ji Xiao Zhuo. She quickened her steps, "Oh my, this must be Xiao Zhuo. Great-grandma hasn't seen you for a while and you've grown so much."

When Ji Xiao Zhuo saw the good-looking elderly, his intelligent mind immediately knew she was the great-grandma who gave him the little gold monkey. He let go off his parents and threw himself at the elder. Of course he knew he couldn't crash into the granny so he controlled his strength and gently threw himself into her embrace. Hugging onto her leg, Xiao Zhuo called out, "Great-grandma ~"

"Ai~ Great-grandma's little baby~" Grandma Zhuo was beaming as she hugged the little one. Her heart became soft and she wanted to keep the little one in her heart.

Zhuo Ji, who was in a wheelchair behind Grandma Zhuo, watched his own grandma forget about everyone in the surroundings at the moment she saw Ji Xiao Zhuo. He didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the scene. He had to go in front to greet Ji Yan and Tang Tang, "Please forgive us. Grandma forgets about everything once she sees children. We're no different to air in her eyes now."

Tang Tang secretly smiled.

The corner of Ji Yan's lips lifted. Then he went behind Zhuo Ji to help him push the wheelchair, "It's understandable. Grandma Zhuo has been longing for you to get married and have children for about ten years now. It's not strange for her to be like this."

Zhuo Ji shook his head and smiled with a hint of bitterness, "Since I'm like this, I shouldn't harm another family's daughter."

Ji Yan's eyes dimmed and he patted on Zhuo Ji's shoulder, "Don't be like this, elder brother. If you meet someone you like, don't simply let her walk away. You deserve to have a good lady accompany you.