Chapter 38

Edits by Naravil

The abrupt noise scared Tang Tang and made her turn around. When she turned, she saw that Gu Yan Ran was actually sitting beside her, which she hadn't even noticed.

When did she sit down?

Gu Yan Ran looked worriedly at Tang Tang as she said, "I just saw you talking with Tang Mi and Ji Shi Yue. Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, what could have happened? I currently don't remember any of them." Tang Tang didn't want to speak too much with Gu Yan Ran about anything.

Seeing that there wasn't the slightest fluctuation in Tang Tang's mood when speaking about Tang Mi and Ji Shi Yue, something flashed across Gu Yan Ran's eyes. Gu Yan Ran probed, "Tang Tang, do you really don't remember Ji Shi Yue? Did you truly forget your feelings for him?"

These words made Tang Tang's heart jump, but she didn't want to lose her composure in front of Gu Yan Ran, so she looked straight at Gu Yan Ran indifferently, "I've lost my memory. I don't know who Ji Shi Yue is, and neither do I have any feelings for other people. I'm a married woman with a child. Please don't make irresponsible remarks!"

Gu Yan Ran froze before smiling apologetically, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything. Originally, I didn't want to say anything, but I understand the pain of letting go of someone you love. You are the one who was meant to be Ji Shi Yue's wife. Everything that was supposed to be yours was snatched away by someone else. If it were me, I wouldn't be willing to let it go. I was thinking that even if you lost your memories, you should still have the right to know. It's unfair to you if you don't know anything."

As Tang Tang listened, she actually wanted to laugh. What was Gu Yan Ran trying to do? Was she testing Tang Tang because she didn't believe that Tang Tang had amnesia? Or was she reminding Tang Tang the things from the past so Tang Tang could recover her memories? What was Gu Yan Ran's purpose for doing this?

Tang Tang didn't believe that a woman who liked her husband would say something like that to her out of goodwill.

If she really was the body's original owner and lost their memory, maybe she would try to recover her memories and pursue the man she loved after listening to these words. Then she would break off with Ji Yan, and their peaceful relationship wouldn't be salvageable. After that, Gu Yan Ran would have the chance to be with Ji Yan.

Unfortunately, she was not the original owner.

After this, Tang Tang was sure that Gu Yan Ran liked Ji Yan and that she wanted to be with him. Currently, Gu Yan Ran was executing her plan, starting with Tang Tang.

In the beginning, Tang Tang inwardly rejoiced that this world only recognized the marriage between one man and one woman, so she thought there weren't any schemes and fights between women. She didn't expect that contradictions and conspiracies between women would still exist.

Tang Tang honestly didn't like how Gu Yan Ran didn't have good intentions towards her but still pretended that everything was done out of kindness. Tang Tang bluntly broke the pretense, "What are you trying to achieve by saying that? Do you want me to pursue my true love and not live my days peacefully with Ji Yan? Do you want me and Ji Yan to have a contradiction?"

Gu Yan Ran never thought Tang Tang would simply speak such sharp words as it didn't match her personality. Gu Yan Ran blanked before carrying on pretending, "What are you saying, Tang Tang? I just didn't want you to be clueless about yourself. That type of life is too pitiful. What type of person are you taking me for? Why wouldn't I want you to live well with brother Ji Yan?"