𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 4࿐⋆yule ball⋆

AN~ to all the Alex haters: can y'all maybe like chill? you're going to end up with Harry anyway just enjoy the goddamn drama lmao and if you don't like it, please leave thanks <3

────⍣☆☾☼✧☼☽☆⍣────

❝It's like a practice round for your wedding❞

────⍣☆☾☼✧☼☽☆⍣────

"That, Y/N, is the prettiest necklace I've ever seen!" Hermione squealed.

On Christmas morning, Y/N and Hermione woke up in their dorm to a handful of presents near their bed. But Cedric's present for Y/N made them both stop in their tracks.

"Where do you suppose he even got it?" Y/N asked, still gaping at the gorgeous necklace in her hand.

It was a gold heart-shaped locket necklace. There were two pictures inside on each side. Well, more like one picture divided equally into two.

On the left was a beaming five-year-old Y/N, kissing her two fingers and linking them with a laughing seven-year-old Cedric on the right.

"In Hogsmeade, I bet!" said Hermione. "Diamonds and Dragons would have stuff like this..."

"Where's the letter that came with this?"

The two of them looked around Y/N's bed, which was covered in wrappers and boxes and presents.

"Here!"

Y/N took the letter from Hermione and started reading it out loud for her.

My dearest baby sister,

Mum sent me this picture last month, said she found them with the rest of the pictures she found on the day we came back to Hogwarts. I wanted to show it to you but I decided to make it more meaningful. I found that locket in Diamonds and Dragons and asked the shop worker to put that picture inside.

It is, as Zach called it, 'The Diggory Lovelock locket'. I hope you like it, Y/N.

With love,
Cedric.

"The Diggory Lovelock locket..." Y/N chuckled softly.

"You know, Y/N, you really are lucky," Hermione said seriously. "Seeing the relationship you and Cedric have makes me wish I had a sibling!"

"Trust me, I know..."

Y/N and Hermione met up with Harry and Ron in the common room, and they went down to breakfast together. They spent most of the morning in Gryffindor Tower.

"Hermione, Y/N, please tell us who you're going with!" said Ron.

"No way," said Hermione. "You'll just make fun of me."