Chapter 41

Edits by Naravil

On the next day, Ji Yan took some time off from training and returned home to guide Tang Tang and Xiao Zhuo to the nursery at the compound.

Ji Yan originally thought that Tang Tang would wear the new dress. However, he was disappointed because Tang Tang was still wearing her usual clothes and shoes. There was no hint of makeup on her face either.

She didn't use any of the gifts he gave her.

Yesterday, she clearly said that she liked the presents, but why didn't she use them?

"What are you looking for, husband?" Tang Tang was puzzled. Why did her husband keep looking at her clothes? Was there something wrong with her?

Ji Yan shook his head and pursed his lips, "Nothing, let's go." Maybe she just didn't want to wear it today. Maybe she'll wear it in a few days.

The nursery at the military housing compound was bigger than what Tang Tang had expected. Because they arrived late, practically all the other children were already there. After casting a quick glance, Tang Tang saw there were quite a bit of people, "This nursery seems alright. There are many teachers."

After hearing Tang Tang speak, Ji Yan uncharacteristically gave her more details on the topic. "All the teachers here are family members of military personnel, and there are no problems with their academic qualifications. Most of them have graduated from normal universities, they are capable of teaching these children."

Truthfully, Tang Tang had already heard about this from the regimental commander's wife. She had also heard that the nursery teachers' benefits weren't very good. These teachers were willing to work here, but it was a waste of their talent. All of them had moved into military housing because they wanted to be with their spouse, and the soldiers here were part of the special forces. The location was remote, and it was difficult for them to go to work. It was because of this that so many family members that moved here had to give up their original careers.

Tang Tang really admired these military wives.

Ji Xiao Zhuo was moved from the little class to the middle class for this semester. The teacher for the middle class was a woman around 30 years old. It was clear that she knew Ji Yan as she took the initiative to greet Ji Yan and Tang Tang, who was next to him. Then she bent down to stroke Ji Xiao Zhuo's head, "You must be Xiao Zhuo, right? I'm your new teacher. I'm called Su Yue."

Ji Xiao Zhuo shook hands with her and greeted, "Hello, teacher."

Su Yue took the opportunity to hold his little hand before turning to Ji Yan and Tang Tang, "I'll guide you to the classroom to take a look. We'll pick a seat for Xiao Zhuo while we're there."

In the middle class, there were twenty-five students in total. They were currently seated at a table chatting excitedly. Because it was the first day, they were all originally excited, but when they saw their teacher bring in an unfamiliar child, their excitement was even greater. The children looked curiously at Ji Xiao Zhuo as they discussed.

"Teacher came in with a child that we haven't seen before. He must be new."

"Look, the pocket on his clothes is very big, ah. It looks funny."

"Wow, he looks better than Su Jie, ah. Su Jie is defeated."

"Nonsense, he's so fat. How can he be more good looking than Su Jie? My mummy said that fat doesn't look good."

Since the children saw a new classmate, it was understandable that they would be excited. Seeing that enough time had passed, Su Yue clapped her hands to stop the chatter, "Okay, everyone, be quiet now."