Chapter 27

Lucy's p

 Lucy's p.o.v

I dropped her off home and then sped through the streets to get home as fast as possible.

Once I got there I ran to the gaming room. Ace and the other guys working for me were gathered there and arguing.

"Lucy. Finally! They are still at it." Ace said and pulled out a chair for me. I sat down and grabbed the keyboard.

I ran some tests to see how they cracked through my firewall. "This is basic stuff with an old school technique. That's how they got in." I cracked my fingers and shut them down immediately.

Once my walls were back up and I scanned for viruses and other bugs I shut down the whole system.

I turned towards the rest of the guys. "What did they target?"

"They mostly went after our work data. I think they are trying to get ahead of us. Maybe steal some of our work data. They didn't manage to get anything, but they were circling around trying to break in." One of them answered.

Ace leaned over the desk. "Listen I think it's time we make that plan now. If they continue to do this our business will suffer. Companies will start digging in and if they found out they are dealing with teenagers they might not want to collaborate."

It was true. The company we were working with now had faith in what I was doing, but others might judge before trusting me to do the job right. And that would be a lower number of clients.

"Okay, let's make that plan. I'm tired of these assholes going after my business."

No one moved.

"What?" I asked, confused. They all stared at me.

"We um...thought you'd be angrier." One guy answered.

Of course.

"Well I'm in a good mood." I answered.

"Okaaaaay." Ace pulled me up and pushed me into the other room. "You guys go home, we'll figure this out."

I glanced at Ace. What was his problem?

"Try being more nice to the guys. They do work for you." Ace told me as he sat me down. "Here is what I propose. We split your work.."

I opened my mouth to argue but he cut me off.

"I know i know. But you have to trust me. I won't let you down. I need to learn and what better practice than to work with what I already am familiar with. I will take on the gamers. They are already overwhelmed by all the new games we give them to try out and we took on too many companies. I need to be able to organize the guys based on their skills and potential. Also I need access to your codes so we don't have to rush you like this on your day off to stop a hacker attack. I can help with this. You can focus on developing your app and all the other things you do."