Chapter 28

Francy's p

Francy's p.o.v

I was too nervous to sit in class. My leg was restless under the table and my fingers couldn't stop clicking the pen. I had few murderous annoyed glances sent at me from multiple directions and at this rate I was to be assassinated by the end of the day. But I couldn't even focus to stop.

Monday came so soon and I already got a text confirming our date for tonight.

I tried taking a deep breath to relax.

Grandma and Grandpa had stayed until the evening and we had plenty of fun together, but after hearing what grandma had to say about her advice I realized they might be too upper level for me.

But I didn't want to hold nothing back. Not in these early stages when I'm asking myself every day. What are we? How many dates do we need until we are serious? How many dates until i stop feeling so panicked.

I had to do them. It was that simple. If i wanted him as a boyfriend I needed to do this.

The bell rang and I walked out of the classroom in a hurry before anyone tried to murder me for the pen clicking.

I rushed through the hallways to my next class when I saw Ace's girlfriend crying. Oh no. No.no..no

She was with her two friends consolidating her. I tried to walk past them before they saw me.

"You!" She yelled after me and I turned around hoping she didn't mean me.

"Your brother is a jerk. A horrible stupid jerk.idiot.trash."

I nodded. Yeah I got that. Can I go now?

"He thinks he can just play with people's feelings like that? My feelings?" She wiped her tears. "I was good for him. We had a great thing going on."

Apparently not if you are here crying.

I knew how this story went and that little shit Ace was going to pay me one day for all the ex-girlfriends I had to get off my back.

"I know you're a great girl. Ace has said it many times himself." I smiled.

"He has?" She asked hopefully. "I thought he barely mentions me."

Oh god. Help!

"Of course he mentioned you. And I'm sure what you had was umm great. But..Ace is..like you said a jerk and he can't appreciate what he has. So don't cry over him. Don't waste a breath on him. You are beautiful and smart and next year you are off to university. Boys will be all over you and a boyfriend would be in the way. "

"But I love him." She sobbed. "He was my first boyfriend."

My gut clenched. First boyfriend? That I understand. And the feeling of...a cold wind swept through my body. If Elric ever...

My head can not go there.

I walked over to her.

"I know this doesn't mean much coming from me, but I'm sorry he hurt you. He is my brother so I kind of feel responsible. I apologize in his stead."

She nodded like she found that helpful.

"I'm going to go now."

I hurried down the hall before she decided to have my head instead of Ace's. My class..have to get to my class..

There was a chattering noise outside the classroom. People had gathered and talked intently about it.

Boom.

The door snapped open and Fin walked out red in the face, smoke basically fuming out of his head.

He brushed past me without a hello. Oh this was serious.

I peeked inside to see Kai's grimmest expression. I gasped.

Did Fin and Kai just have a fight? They never had a fight.

I made a step forward but he shot me a glance so murderous, that I gave up on the intentions I had in talking to him about what happened.

I'll wait until we get home.

I made a group chat to give a heads up to Rehan and Ace. Let's pray this was easily fixable.

The car ride home was dreadful. None talked nor dared breathe louder than usual. Every jacket brush and movement was contained to a minimum and all that could be heard was the car engine.

Once we got home Kai went straight to him room and shut the door so loudly I think the whole house shook.

"This is bad." I said.

"Very bad." Ace crossed his hands.

"Should we try calling Fin and see what's this all about?" Rehan asked.

"I don't think that's a good idea." I said taking my bag off my shoulder and dropping down on the couch. "Fin passed me this morning and didn't even look at me. He had smoke coming out of his head. I think this isn't a usual fight."

Ace sat next to me. "This is their first fight as well. I've never ever seen them fighting. For anything."

"I know." I nodded. "Now would be a great time for that time machine Rehan so we can stop that fight."

"It's not finished." He answered.

"I was joking."

"So was I." He made a face and went upstairs.

I brushed it off as I had more important matters now. "I saw your ex girlfriend today. And she saw me." I told Ace.

"Phew that means she's off my back now." He smiled.

"Hey." I hit him.

"I'm sorry." He laughed. "I'm just relieved that she's not upset anymore."

"Of course she's still upset." I frowned. "She can't just erase her feelings overnight."

"No, but she will feel better. I know you give all my ex-girlfriend a pep talk. After the  break up they come every once in a while and say. If it wasn't for your sister's words I would still hate you. And then they leave. You give them the closure I can't"

I gasped. "I should get paid for this."

"And here I thought you were doing it out of the goodness of your heart."

I snorted. "For them. You are the jerk who needs to pay up."

He pinched my cheek. "Fine."

"Why did you break up? I thought you really like this one." I said rubbing my cheek. That hurt.

"Because now I work full time with Lucy and I have to focus." He grinned. "I can't wait to go to work tomorrow."

Lucy again. What's so special about Lucy?

"Do you really believe he is your friend?" I asked.

"Yes. He is a really good guy. He looks mean and sounds mean and acts mean, but he is brilliant."

"What a role model you have."

"Trust me Francy. I think even you would like him."

I don't think so.

I got up and headed to my room. I think I've had enough family drama for today. It's time to get ready for my date.