Chapter sixty six

It had been a couple of weeks since I got back and Anakin had me taking care of myself up on his cruiser, I hadn't left since initially returning. As far as the council was aware I was still missing, and it would remain that way until the baby came. It seemed in my absence the 501st had gotten very good at keeping secrets. The clones where wonderful and making sure I was alright, always respectful yet making sure I was comfy. Still I wished I could be down helping rather than stuck up on the cruiser.

We'd been providing cover fire for the past few hours, there was nothing more to do. I hated that they were all on the surface and I couldn't help one bit. In fact we didn't even have radio signal to the surface just yet. It also bugged me that this was Geonosis, the planet this whole war started on practically at the hands of my father and I.

"Is there any news yet Captain?" I asked with an agitated sigh as I once more walked out into the bridge and observed the cannon fire. Captain Dice had insisted I take a nap earlier under Anakins instruction. My fiancé was sure being very overprotective, he wouldn't even let me train anymore, which was difficult when I had Ari to train.

"Nothing yet ma'am, we suspect they're still caught in crossfire, a signal should be established once they reach the rendezvous, until then there's nothing we can do." Captain Dice replied while walking over to join me at the front by the main window. Closing my eyes I reached out through the force to the planet below, smiling ever so slightly when I felt his presence.

"...well at least I know they're safe." I sighed while reopening my eyes and staring out through the battle towards the distant planet below. Though he was evidently busy in the skirmish I could feel Anakin keeping his connection open to me, that even in the midst of battle he was watching out for me. It certainly made me feel a lot safer knowing both him the 501st and the others where I between me and the enemy.

"General I think you should sit down, General Skywalker explicitly asked not to have you standing around when there was no need for it." The clone captain spoke up, he'd been watching out for me all day since Anakin left. In fact I'm betting it's one of the only reasons he was left of ship, to be my personal guard and of nanny. It was sweet but unnecessary.

"I'm fine Dice don't worry, Anakin's just being cautious, which between you and me is adorable but also completely unneeded, I'm not tired at all and if I had my way I'd be down there helping." I replied while turning to face the trooper with a small smile.

"All due respect general but I believe that's why he left me with you." Dice replied with a slight chuckle before both out attentions were drawn to a flickering of light upon the holo table nearby. Immediately I jogged over and attempted to boost the signal hoping it was the others making contact from the surface.

"This is Captain Rex calling the bridge, do you copy." The familiar voice of the beloved 501st captain spoke up causing my heart to jump. Of course the fact it wasn't Anakin I first heard left me doing a little afraid, however I could still sense him down there, I knew he was alive.

"Yes Rex this is (y/n), we hear you what's you're progress?" I asked dearly hoping they were nearly done but knowing nothing was ever that simple. We always seemed to run into extra trouble no matter where we were.

"We made it through the first line of defence ma'am, you can send down the gunships, general Kenobi and Mundi require some medical assistance." Rex reported and as he did I looked to Dice and signalled for him to make the order. As my captain left I looked back to the projector with a small frown not likely the idea we may have injured. Still injured was better than dead.

"Are they alright? Nothing serious I hope." I responded while watching a few other figures flickered in and out of view in the background. One was Anakin and the other was Ahsoka, they appeared to be caught up in some form of discussion for now. Rex appeared to look towards his general and then back towards me with a shake of his head.