» 150 «

Head held high, we took one step at a time like we've been taught to ever since the beginning of the school year.

Every house was evenly marching towards the Great Hall. I could hear their even footsteps when I couldn't even see them yet.

And while we assembled in the hall, every house standing on its own, I realised how much I loathed Harry's plan. It wasn't even a plan if I was being honest with myself.

It was only when Draco positioned himself next to me, and his hand effortlessly slipped into mine that I calmed down. Lately, his presence had that effect on me.

I took a deep breath, and squeezed his hand tighter for a second; a gesture he returned as if to say "I'm here."

Luna and Wren decided to stay behind, seeing as nobody knew they were back here, and Slytherin's weren't necessarily known to keep their mouth shut about these things.

Especially after what Snape would say to us, I was rather grateful they didn't know she was here.

"Many of you are surely wondering why I have summoned you at this hour," He began his speech, the Carrow's protectively positioned behind him. "It's come to my attention that earlier this evening Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade."

As the words left his mouth, low mumbling between students filled up the hall. Some of them looking around for him, or any of his friends who might know about his whereabouts— some curious pairs of eyes landing on me, even.

Draco's were one of them, an inquiring look in his features as he watched my reaction intently. I didn't flinch at the words, but merely looked up at him with an expression so blank he surely couldn't read it.

That's what I thought, at least.

But when his brows raised slightly in surprise, I wasn't quite sure anymore.

He didn't ask any further question, and I was grateful he simply turned back towards Snape as he straightened his back.

"Now," He continued, effectively cutting the chatter that had broken out short. "Should anyone, student or staff, attempt to aid Mister Potter, they will be punished in a manner consistent with the severity of their actions." I furrowed my brows at his words, knowing he had to say them to keep up the act but wondering when he'd realise he took the act too far.

Would he even realise? Or was he too caught up in his own role that he had melted into it too deeply?

"Furthermore, any person found to have knowledge of these events who fails to come forward will be treated as equally guilty." He made sure to annunciate every word perfectly; only making them sound more threateningly.

The way his eyes roamed the room just to eventually fall on me and stay there almost had my breath hitch in my throat, though I managed to catch it before the sound escaped.

Nobody said a word. For a moment, I was sure we had all collectively forgotten how to breathe with how quiet it was.

"Now then," He said, starting to walk in between the assembled groups of students.

I was almost relieved that Slytherins were standing in the front of the hall because he quickly made his way past us, and his gaze was no longer boring into mine in hopes it would give him a sign of where my brother was.

He'd know soon enough.

"If anyone here has any knowledge of Mister Potter's movements this evening, I invite them to step forward," He said slowly, enforcing a false sense of calmness and security in his words. "Now," He stressed, then, right as he laid eyes on the students of Gryffindor house.