[ 12 ] fucking underwear

FUCKING UNDERWEAR

TO SAY that Aspen didn't want to go to school this morning would be the understatement of the century. She had spent the night crying herself to sleep over that damn letter. Hell, it wasn't even a letter, it was just six words, six words that had been playing in a loop in her mind all night. She begged her mom if she could take the day off, but her mother insisted she spent time around her friends, she figured that could take her mind off of last night.

So at seven-thirty when Aspen's alarm clock went off, she reluctantly dragged herself out of her bed and sent a text to someone she had full faith would be able to cheer her up, even though she didn't intend on telling him, or anyone else.

TO STILES: pick me up in 20?

Stiles Stilinski never fails to put a smile on her face, hopefully that's not going to change now. Stiles shot her back a message saying he was on his way, making Aspen hurry to get ready. She made her way to her bathroom, and was horrified when she saw the reflection in front of her. She hadn't washed any of her makeup off from the day before, meaning her mascara made her look racoon-like. On top of that, her hair was practically matted and shades of purple lay under her eyes as a result of the quality of sleep she got last night, or the lack there of.  She looked rough. She practically tore out her hairband and got into the shower.

As the hot, steaming water cascaded down her skin, she tried desperately to think about anything but her brother. For God's sake, she lives in a world where her best friend is a werewolf, it really shouldn't be that hard. She scrubbed her face under the steaming water, of which the temperature barely even fazed her. She must have been wearing a hell of a lot of mascara yesterday because as she looked down, the amount of black residue that went down the drain was excessive. Watching the tinted water swim down the drain, she found herself no longer moving. She wasn't reaching for her bottle of shampoo, nor was she rummaging for her body wash. She just stood there, like time had stopped. In her world, it basically had. But in the real world, time was definitely ticking.

She was in that shower a lot longer than she realised or intended, because to her, time almost stopped, that was until she heard a knock on the door. Well, not the bathroom door, her bedroom door. When she didn't say anything, the person behind the door spoke.

"Asp? You in there?" said a masculine voice, belonging to Stiles.

Crap, she hissed. In a hurry, she switched off the running water and reached her hand out to grab her towel. She didn't even get to wash her matted hair or clean her body, what an eventful shower. She picked up her towel, internally cussing when it was the wrong one, it was her hair towel which was absolutely tiny. She peeked her head out of the shower curtain and cussed once again, this time out loud, when she noticed that was in fact the only towel she had.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, said the voice inside her head.

"Aspen?" Stiles repeated when he wasn't getting an answer.

"Yeah, yeah you can come in, just not the bathroom, okay?!" She yelled, panicking as she wrapped the tiny piece of cloth around her dripping body. It only just covered what needed to be covered, but her legs were fully exposed.

Shit.

She left her clothes were in her bedroom.

"Stiles?" She called out, dreading what was going to happen next.

"What's up?" said the boy on the other side of the door.

"Can you make sure you're not looking when I come out?" she said awkwardly. "I'm sort of... only in a towel."

"Y-yeah, okay, no worries." he said back. "What happened, you overslept or something?" he added, trying to fill the what was now an awkward atmosphere. Aspen wasn't sure how to respond since she had decided she wasn't going to be honest. She wasn't going to tell him time stood still in her mind as she was practically catatonic in the blazing hot shower.

"Something like that." she answered vaguely, slowly opening the bathroom door. When she opened it all the way, she saw that Stiles was in fact not looking, but she still hesitated as she felt very insecure being incredibly indecent. The brunette shuffled to her dresser where she picked up a pair of sweats and an oversized t shirt. She was too miserable to care about something as superficial as which plaid skirt she should be wearing.

She quickly scuttled back to the bathroom, muffling a few awkward "sorry bout this"s to Stiles, to which he simply chuckled. It was only when she was back in her bathroom finally calming down when she noticed she had forgotten the most important items.

Fucking underwear.

She turned the doorknob again, only this time Stiles wasn't facing the other direction. In that split second where she opened that damn door without thinking to shout a warning, her heart rate increased what felt like ten-fold, and his did too. He found his gaze on the brunettes legs which were barely covered due to the tiny piece of cloth she was clinging to, and the fluttery feeling that she was incredibly familiar with returned in her stomach.

It wasn't on purpose, nor was it a conscious decision. He's a guy, he told himself. A half naked girl is meters away from him, of course he's going to find it hard not to look. Though in those three seconds which felt like the longest three seconds of Aspen's life, his gaze didn't shift from her. Her legs, her arms, her wet hair, her shoulders, her flushed cheeks, even her barely covered chest. He felt like a horny teenage pervert for looking, so after those three seconds were up, he tore his eyes away and muffled out a hundred sorry's.

But he'd never seen her like that, and he'd be lying to himself if that image wasn't going to linger in his mind for the rest of the day. He'd also be lying if he said she didn't look incredibly attractive, the way her wet hair rested on her bare shoulders, the way her gorgeous tanned legs were exposed, but again, the thought made him feel like a pervert. She was his best friend, he shouldn't be thinking about that image ever again.

"I-I forgot to grab underwear." Aspen said awkwardly, clinging to the towel as if her life depended on it.

"Right, do you... um, want me to wait downstairs?" he stuttered, scratching the back of his neck.

"S-sure." was her panicked response. And in seconds, he was out the door. The sigh that the brunette let out was huge, but her pulse was still alarmingly fast.

He pretty much just saw you naked, Aspen, she thought.

And the boy downstairs was certainly thinking the same thing.

...

A/N

sorry its an extremely short chapter, I just wanted to add in an off-script stiles/aspen scene and well? here it is ;)