16. It hurts

Jin knocked on the door before coming in

Jin knocked on the door before coming in. He flashed a smile at them and came in.

"Good news," he said. Jungkook and Joanne looked at him, curiously. "Taehyung turned himself in."

"Wait, turned himself in, not caught?" Joanne asked. Jin nodded.

"He created chaos. Maybe he realised he did a bad thing," Jungkook said.

"One more good news, you can be discharged in two days," Jin said. "You sure are a iron man brother," Jin tapped him on the shoulder.

"That's good to know. I hate this hospital smell. It reeks," Joanne scrunched her nose.

"We will get out, don't worry," Jungkook tapped on her hand as he smiled.

2 weeks later

"Jungkook?" Joanne peeked into his office. She frowned when she couldn't find him. It's almost nine and Jungkook doesn't go out at night unless it's important.

Where is he?

"Holy-," she gasped when he hugged her from behind. "First of all you scared the hell out of me and second of all where have you been? I was searching for you," she said looking back at him.

"I was on call, office stuff," he dropped a kiss on her nape. She giggled.

"Well, it's time for dinner," she titled her head back onto his chest.

"I'm not hungry," he said, trailing kisses on her neck. She giggled and got out of his embrace.

"Well, I am," she said. "Come," she pulled him by his hand.

"Are you uncomfortable?" he asked not budging an inch when she pulled him.

"Huh?" she looked at him with parted lips.

"I mean, it's been sometime and all we did was kiss, are you uncomfortable to go beyond a kiss?" he asked.

"You mean sex?" he was taken aback by the word. She laughed. He nodded anyway.

"Well," she looked down, pushing hair behind her ear. "I think I'm shy," she said, casting her eyes up now.

"Shy?" he chuckled. She nodded, bringing her free hand up to cover her face.

"Fine, guess I'll have to wait until you are not shy," he booped her nose. She burried her head into his chest.

"Let's eat dinner then," he kissed the crown of her head.

Later in the night, when they were sleeping, Jungkook woke up when he felt the cold side of the bed.

"Joanne?"

He got out of the bed and looked for her. He walks to the balcony when he finds the door open.

"Hey," he called out. His heart skipped a beat when he noticed her crying. He rushed in a instant to pull her into an embrace. Her body was so cold.

Just since how long have you been in cold...

"Shhh," he rubbed her back and tried to calm her down. "What is it? Let's go inside. You are freezing," he said, pulling her inside with him.

"What is it?" he asked, once they were inside. He gently wiped her tears and wiped her snotty nose with the sleeve of his shirt.

She looked at him with swollen eyes. She sniffled through her pink nose, which is almost red now. She pursed her lips as they trembled to stop anymore cries that were about to come out.

"I'm so broken right Jungkook. I'm broken beyond repair right?" she gave him a bitter smile as the tears rolled down.

"What?" he looked at her with a worried frown on his face.

"Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell me?" she burried her face into his chest and sobbed. Jungkook didn't understand what she meant but he waited until she spoke again.

"We were supposed to have a baby," she broken down into loud sobs. She clutched his shirt in her hands and cried.

Jungkook felt like his heart has stopped beating. He didn't want the episode to take place again. He knew how hard it was back then. He can't let her cry over something they can't change. He didn't want her to cry over it again.

"Hey, hey hey," he pulled her and looked at her. "It hurts me too. It hurts me to even think about it. It sure twists my heart and rips into pieces when I think about it. But we can't change the past. We have so much ahead of us. There is still a chance okay?" he kissed her forehead.

"I just, I just can't-," she couldn't control it. It hurted so bad. She clutched her chest as she sobbed. It hurted him to see her cry. He hugged and cradled her in his arms as long as she cried.

"On the bright side, it's actually a good thing that your memories are slowly coming back," he said, caressing her hair. She stopped crying but she looks so broken that he was afraid to even let her go.

"All the memories are traumatic why would I want them back," she said. She sniffled.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I couldn't help you to feel better. All this is very confusing right? Losing memories and getting them back?"

"You don't have to apologise. It's my fate to live like this. You are the only source of my happiness and the only person I can look upto," she looked at him. Her eyelids felt heavy and her eyes were drooping.

"Don't exhaust yourself, have a good night sleep. We can make babies later. Don't worry I'm capable enough to do that," he said. She giggled as she playfully punched him in the chest.

"Well you shouldn't be shy for that first," he said.

"Jungkook!"

"Ok ok, I won't talk about that anymore. Let's sleep."

Lmaoo not me and Jo writing shit for each other. Anyway likes and comments and Kofi donations are much much appreciated uwu.