Chapter 39: Visiting

"W-Why are you calling me?" Lyrica had fear in her tone of voice when she heard the Duke. This was someone who tried to kill her and even murdered her parents, why would he want to call her, "How did you even get my number!"

"A good afternoon would've done. Look..." he changed his tone into a serious tone, "In a few hours it seems like the Prince is going to announce the case on me."

"Okay so why are you telling me this? You want me to watch it? I would never watch it because I'm done with Valentino."

"I'm trying to tell you to save the Castillo House." He said in a firm tone.

"Why? What do you mean by that?"

"The news is going to create a buzz within Valentino. Many of the citizens are going to be angry about the case especially because of all the money that was embezzled. Honestly speaking I never wanted this to happen."

"But you still did it, why not just turn yourself in and just—"

"If only it were so easy. Me telling you this I'm going to get into trouble already. I need you to go back to Valentino and I want you to have your inheritance at your Debut. You need to go back to—"

"Aren't you just throwing your problems at my face!" Lyrica exclaimed, "I'm not a garbage can, you can just do this to me. I never want to go back to Valentino and I made that final."

"If you don't go back the House will fall. I shouldn't have stolen what your parents had given to you years ago. Now, I'm trying to repent for this actions I've done. I've lived a sinful life, but the last thing I want to see is how I had screwed it up for my parents and for my family."

Lyrica didn't know how to respond to what he just said. She was still filled with an amount of hate for Valentino, but after hearing him she felt slightly different. If she goes back she would have to face all the problems that had been caused because of her uncle, but if she didn't go back her whole family's House would be ruined.

"You don't have to do it if you want to. But, I'm sure Eric is looking at me up there hoping I would do something about this situation...I know my wife and Vivian have been away from the spotlight. My parents are also stressed out...Think about it, whatever choice you make is the one that will guide you to the next step."

"W-Wait!" She tried to stop him from hanging up, but he ended the call. Lyrica squatted down on the floor and she hid her face. All of this was overwhelming her and she had no clue how to move forward with what her Uncle said to her.

"Lyrica?"

Lyrica turned her head around and saw Ryan standing in front of her.

"Ryan?" Lyrica got up from the ground, "Is Alice's match over?"

"Yea she just won."

"She won!" Lyrica said surprised, "We should celebrate...Beating Mission's JV team is a huge accomplishment."

"Alice did say she wanted us to treat her out again." He joked, "But, why were you out here? We were all looking for you."

"I just had a phone call with someone...An old family member of mine. But, hey let's go back inside." She smiled at him.

"Alright." Ryan walked behind her, but also felt concerned for her. From what he saw it didn't look like she was doing okay.

A few days later like what the Duke said the news had gotten out about the controversy. Featured on the news was Cassien's plan on giving back. During those days Lyrica skipped out on school because she didn't want to be in the spotlight. She spent her time at home doing homework in her room. Her Aunt was okay with it and would make her lunch while she did her work.