Chapter Four - Carter

The burning fire of rage I'd felt watching that creepy freshman Doyle follow her down the yard had taken me by surprise, I knew it was irrational, but I couldn't control it. I had a firm grip of his neck before I'd even planned my next move. If blondie's wide eyes hadn't been on mine I'd have launched him to the floor and broken his snotty little nose, but instead I'd held it together. His football career at Michigan was going to be far from easy, that's for sure. I'd seen Seamus' nod as I shot past him on the porch, they had eyes on him.

     "Cancel that, I'll drive us." I unlock my blue Jeep that's parked across the street. She just stares at me, holding that solid unreadable look that just about makes my heart damn near stop.

     "You can't drive, you've been drinking."

     She still has the app lit up in her hand, I notice that she doesn't have those unbearable acrylic nails on that girls have. They're cut short, clean, and efficient looking.

      "Not touched a drop, Blondie." I walk towards my car, looking back to check she's following. When I see that she's not, I wait.

     She's looking down at her phone and twisting a long piece of her hair, in turmoil. I take a deep breath, trying to shake off the anger running through my veins, not a chance I'd let this girl Uber home alone.

     "I promise, I've not been drinking. I'll take you to our apartment, you can get your key."

     She seems to gather herself, taking a deep breath and swipes her Uber app closed, before locking her phone and following me to my car.

     I almost find myself walking around to open her door for her before stopping myself, I don't open the car door for girls. That's boyfriend type shit.

    She doesn't seem to think anything of it, her long legs helping her climb easily into the raised Jeep. The sight of her dress riding up as she leans to connect her seatbelt has me sweating. I pull my eyes away from her smooth thighs before I put the car in drive, thinking it wouldn't be best to kill us both before this even begins.

     The sexy energy around this girl was intense outside and now, just the two of us in the confined space of my jeep, I felt like I was going to combust.

     The streetlights shone in occasionally, lighting up her profile. I wondered if she was as affected by me as I was her. I'd felt her assessment on me at the party, her eyes had danced across my face and I'd used the opportunity to get a good look at her myself. Her eyes were blue, deep blue, like I could have literally drowned in them if I looked for too long. There was a small freckle on her right cheek, just the one, and it was fucking cute. Her lips were perfect, full and fuckable. I wondered what they'd look like when she smiled, whether the freckle would disappear into a dimple when she laughed. She'd yet to do either of those things.

      "For someone who listens to those podcasts, you didn't take much convincing." I keep my eyes on the road as I feel her turn towards me.

     "Why? Are you a serial killer?" There's a slight rasp to her voice, it's sexy as hell and my dick twitches in my jeans.

     "No, this would be my first time."

     "You know, after tonight, I think I'd choose death."

     I flick my eyes towards her in shock, to find she's smirking at me. Oh god, that smirk. I'm near enough white knuckling the steering wheel to stop myself from pulling over and dragging her onto my lap.

    "Any preferences to how I murder you?" Mischief seems to glimmer in the depths of her eyes and the warm enticing energy continues to fizz around her.