The Thought of Losing you, Scares me

Alpha King Damien's P

Alpha King Damien's P.O.V.

Driving was a bad idea, the whole reason I came on this trip was to let my wolf be free. I shouldn't have even brought the damn car with us, and should've just ran along with them.

"Forgive us Alpha, but in order for you to remain protected you must stay with in the vehicle", my Beta Cade explains.

"Are you saying I need protection? Am I NOT the King!?" I shout, my dominance and Alpha tone leaking into my voice.

I watch my Beta and Gamma squirm around in their seats, a small smirk forms on my face as they sputter for an answer.

"Gentlemen relax, I'm only messing with you," I amusedly say.

The both release a sigh of relief.

Because we had left late in the morning we should arrive at the Blood Lust pack at about lunch time, and with any luck we should leave before dinner's ready.

About halfway to the Blood Lust pack my wolf started to get antsy again. Even though it had practically taken me an hour to get him to settle and be calm. I knew I should have stopped and let him out, now I gotta deal with his moody ass.

"Somethings wrong", he voiced.

"Could you be more specific?", I inquired.

"Something" he vaguely replied.

That's helpful, I thought bitterly.

I swear talking to him is like having a conversation with my anxiety, which ironically usually starts to spiral after a conversation with him.

By the time we finally arrived at the pack their were two things that were pissing me the hell off.

One my wolf, who decided to be antsy and cryptic, which is unfortunately, like him. The other thing was that I was starving, because of the pathetic excuse of a rogue attack this morning I didn't get a chance to eat before this trip.

As we came to a stop in front of their pack house we immediately got out of the cars, man it feels good to stretch my legs.

We walked up the stairs of the pack house, a few pack members bowed their heads as we walked by.

Some even coward away in fear, they were definitely up to something I could feel it in my gut, which only pissed me off more. When we got to the door it was already being opened by an omega, and in the doorway stood a very nervous looking beta, he was practically sweating bullets.

They were definitely up to something...

"We weren't expecting you today Alpha King, won't you please come in?" The beta asked while fidgeting with his fingers.

I said nothing in response, only walked further into the house, before I managed to take more than five steps into the house I was overwhelmed by the most alluring scent, chocolates and strawberries, but the scent was almost overpowered by the smell of copper, the scent of blood.