(Chapter 37) Close To You

Lucinda P.O.V

"Why do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near. Just like me, they long to be. Close to you" I hear Y/n start sing as I start to come to my senses. The sunlight trickles down and the ocean air fills my lungs. I keep my eyes closed and just let Y/n's angelic voice fill my head as I relax into her.

"Just like me. They long to be. Close to you" Y/n finishes, then puts down the ukulele. I slowly open up my eyes to find myself resting on Y/n's waist as she sits up against the back of the bed. I feel her hand gently start to cures the top of my head. "I know you're awake" She whispers as to not disturb me too much.

I lean up and slowly go in for the kiss. We relax into each other as our lips touch and to my surprise, Y/n starts to purr. Which just makes me feel more at peace. We stay think that, connected, for a few minutes till we're forced to part for air.

"Morning beautiful" I whisper after I catch my breath and rest against her chest. "That was a nice wake-up call"

"Well, I heard it the other day and it reminded me of you. So I then quickly learned how to play it and then here we are" Y/n explains causing me to blush slightly. "I forgot how cute you look when you're blushing" Which only makes me blush more.

"Shut up" I say, both flustered and embarrassed as my blush grows.

"Never" She whispers into my ear, slowly. She holds me tighter to her chest, as if she's worried I'd slip away any second. I feel her tail wrap around my waist and tighten.

"Y/n" I say as I look into her eyes. Eyes that are so full of joy and wonder, yet a subtle hint of fear. I reach out and place my hand on my cheek, which she leans of instinctively. "I'm not going anywhere, I promise"

She seems to find some comfort in my words but turns her gaze away regardless. "You promised that once before"

I angle her head back so that our eyes lock. "I can't promise that something terrible won't happen, and that we'll be forced apart because of it" I say causing Y/n's eyes to grow a hint of anger as she attempts to avert eye contact. "But. I do promise to do everything I can to make sure we stay together"

"You promise?" Y/n asks, sounding like a pouting kitten.

"I promise" I say as I lean in for another kiss. "Now, do you wanna get up or should we stay here for a few more minutes?" I ask after we part. Y/n gives me this look and I can already tell what she wants. "That's what I thought" I say as I lean back against her chest, snuggling into her neck.

Ivan P.O.V

"Y/n?" I ask Y/n's voicemail as I walk down the street to her place. "Pick up. Guy wants to go over a few things before Saturdays show. You know the one in two days"

I continue down the road and soon get to Y/n's place, only to see. Her. "Lucinda" Escapes my lips as she walks out of Y/n's place with a hoodie in her hand.

"So, will I be seeing you later?" Lucinda asks as she turns back towards the door. Y/n walks out and Lucinda hides the hoodie in her hands behind her back. I quickly hide in a bush and listen in.

"Maybe, I've got a bit of modelling in a few minutes and I've noticed a lot of missed voicemails so I'm sure Guy needs me for something" Y/n explains causing Lucinda to look sadden by her words.

"Oh, so you do modelling now too?" Lucinda says sarcastically.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to say. It sorta just comes with everything else" Y/n explains. "But don't worry, I'll be sure to stop by this afternoon"