Chapter 27

In the end, Y/N decided to head into the cave along with a carefree Rys, praying silently inside her head.

"Man where are the others.." She muttered as they slowly walked into the vast but dark cave. The dragon had stopped roaring but Y/N could hear what sounded almost like quiet growling. The sound resounded of the cave walls.

Y/N clung onto Rys who just seemed more nonchalant than anything.

As they got went further down the cave, Y/N squinted at the sight of a bright light coming from what seemed like the back of the cave.

A tall man was standing holding something protectively to his chest.

He glared with intense fury at Y/N and Rys. His features were strong but still handsome. Long horns portruded out of the sides of his head. And a long scaly tail was draped on the floor.

Y/N felt so threatened she was sweating intensely. It almost felt she was meeting The Godfather.

"A human and a fairy. The egg is not yours". The dragon spoke growling lightly as he hugged the large beast sized white egg.

"We apologize. We did not come here for the egg. But only for advice.." Rys said loudly nudging Y/N to speak as she stared at the dragon nervously.

"Uh y-yeah! I'm Y/N. I'm from another world. I- I was hoping you might be able to help me go back home. Uh if you want too of course". She said as the dragon looked blank suddenly.

"Another world? This must that things doing". He mumbled to himself and then let a loud sigh. Smoking coming out of his mouth.

"Come children". He said in a much gentler voice as he started walking away.

Y/N looked at Rys who shrugged.

They both followed the dragon, watching as his tail either was dragged lazily or started raising to the ground.

The dragon led them towards another part of the cave. A much lighter part with odd pale jewels covering the walls. And a nest adorned with blankets and flowers.

He set the egg down inside the nest. Petting it affectionately as he turned to face the other two.

Sitting by the edge of the nest, he spoke with a calm tone, much different from his earlier temperament.

"I am Cato. I am the dragon who has watched over this world for over a millennial. I see everything that goes on. However I must say, I did not see your coming Miss Y/N".

Rys flopped down on the hard ground. Y/N timidly sitting down next to him as she sat cross legged.

"I don't even know how I got here to be honest". She said in a miserable tone looking at the thoughtful Cato.

"Most times our worlds are apart from each other. The only way you might've come here is if someone sent you here or if the world itself needed you". Cato explained.

Y/N scrunched her face up in confusion.

"The world would need me? Im not trying to be rude but I'm just an ordinary person".

Cato gave a close mouthed smile.

"Sometimes this world desires other beings from another world or dimension. It usually is for a purpose. You being here might be for that but I would gather that thing brought you here".

"That thing?"

"Wait are you talking about the Black Chaos? I thought that was a legend". Rys said spoke up as he glared a bit at the dragon.

"It's not a legend. It's very real. I would not be surprised if it brought a human for its own gain". Cato said gravely

Y/N felt completely confused.

"What's the Black Chaos?"

"An end of our times. It's not exactly a creature. Well honestly we don't really know what it looks like. But whatever it is, it's the sign of an upcoming apocalyptic disaster". Rys explained to Y/N.

"W-wait! What does this all mean?!" Y/N freaked out as Rys gently patted her shoulder.

"Young Miss. No need to fear. Things will be settled. In fact..." As Cato spoke the egg suddenly turned a bright yellow color. The light bouncing off the walls.

"Ah he is ready to be born". Cato said softly as he stood up.

"What's happening??"

Cato slowly walked away from the nest as it started to change now into another color and move sporadically in its nest.

"Young Miss. You are about to witness a dragons birth. And seeing as it's being born in front of you.. it's most likely your soulmate". Cato spoke softly as the egg started to crack.

What the hell. Soulmate?!

And as Rys and Y/N watched, the egg began to further crack. Watching as an eye shone out at them and all it did was made Y/N regret walking into this damn cave.