A Night In

AN: suggestion from LostAndStray to be a happier one shot so here it is. This one I'm using mainly my ideas. May have episode references, so I don't claim all rights to the idea of this story. Again characters don't belong to me, all rights go to the owners/creators of Lucifer.

<------------------------------------------------------>

Lucifer and the Detective had just finished another case. The killer was now in jail awaiting a further sentence. Chloe was at her desk finishing up with some paperwork before heading home. Maybe I could invite Lucifer over. Speaking of the devil, (Chloe doesn't believe he is the devil. Just the phrase) Lucifer came and sat on her desk.

"Detective, what are you doing?" Lucifer's annoyed voice asked.

"Paper work. It's part of being police." Chloe answered.

"Well that's boring!"

Chloe looked up at him. She let out a sigh, shaking her head trying not to show him, her smile. Of course "It's boring" what else could she have expected from her partner? To sit down besides her and finish the paperwork? Nonsense.

"Well if your going to do this Detective, I'm going to go have some fun. You know there's a party at Lux and I'm missing it." Lucifer got up.

"Wait, no!" Chloe stood up in a panic. She took a deep breath.

"Look, I'm nearly done can you wait a while longer? I was uh- I was wondering if you wanted to come over and ha-"

"Have sex? My, Detective I didn't realise you actually wanted to sleep with this handsome devil."
Lucifer pointed at himself.

"Have dinner." Chloe finished. She felt her cheeks heating up.

Sex wasn't totally off the plate anymore.

"Tell you what, Detective. I'll be at Lux, pick me up when your done. Alright?" Lucifer left with a cocky smile on his face.

Chloe finished with her paperwork and left for Lux.

"Can't believe I'm really doing this." Chloe muttered to herself in the car.

They has kissed on that beach what seemed like yesterday when in reality it had been nearly a year now. Lucifer's soft lips. Chloe subconsciously touched her lips with her finger tips. Wishing again for that moment.

She was at Lux. It was crowded and Chloe made her way through to the front of the line by flashing her badge. Chloe was about to show the guard her badge when he stepped aside and let her in. She thanked him and went into the crowded party. Lucifer was in the middle of the room, girls hanging off him. Chloe had anger building up inside of her. Lucifer was her partner. Her friend. They had plans and yet he was completely taken by these girls. Chloe was about to turn around and leave when Lucifer's eyes turned towards the exit. They were full of desperation. Unusual for her partner to not be enjoying the attention. Lucifer found Chloe and his eyes relaxed a little. He turned to the girls hovering around him and said something. Chloe couldn't make out what. The girls stopped dancing and Lucifer came over to Chloe.

"Detective! You made it!"
Lucifer had to shout over the music.

Chloe was about to yell something back when Lucifer grabbed Chloe's hand.