Weakness

Hey guys! This is a longer chapter then normal because I normally take a break around holidays for awhile. I love and appreciate you all!

2/13/20

-------------
Chapter 8

~Dear Journal, Having loved and lost leaves you feeling as if there is nothing left in life but loss. I have lived my life on the same continues loop for 3 years.
That is until he walked into my life, now everyday is something new, something terrifyingly beautiful, around every corner is either heartbreak or pure happiness. It feels like I am finally alive again. ~

---------------

"The birthday bitch has arrived." Valen is 23 today, she takes her birthday very seriously and might even kill someone if they attempt to steal her shine on her day. "So why aren't you ready for my party?" I sighed closing my journal, swiveling in my chair to face her, "It's not for three more hours."

She blinked slowly holding a blank face, "Okay! Okay I'm getting ready!" I changed into a sparkly silver dress, that was cut short above the sides of my waist, with chains hanging on each side of my thighs. I paired it with some white heels that strapped above my ankle. I left my hair down, pulling a small section into a ponytail, leaving some of my hair up and some down.

Imani, Valencia and I all wore the same dresses but in a different color, we do this so it's easier to find each other in the clubs.

"We look hot." I laughed as Imani twerked on Valencia for my snapchat, "Hold on, Kings calling me"

"Hello?"

"I don't want you going alone."

"Alone to where?"

I may have not mentioned to King that we were going out to a club tonight because I didn't feel as if I had to, we're not together and even if we were, it's Valens birthday and I was going.

"Elaine I know everything you do before you do it." 

"You don't have to come I'll be fine, I'm with Valen and Imani, I'll call you as soon as I get home."

"Elain-"

"Call you later bye!"

He's going to kick my ass.

----------

"Elaine! Glad to see you out again, I missed pouring your shot." This was a bartender I frequently saw when I was with Luis, I'd come here a lot to drink away the pain of my bruises. "Glad to be here, hit me, silver bullet, nothing crazy." As he poured the shot he eyed me, "First time you've come here without a busted lip or bruised eye." I downed the shot before speaking, "First time for everything."

"Let's dance!"

We all swayed our hips to the music, completely unaware of anyone around us.

"Elaine! Funny seeing you here!" Keegan smirked throwing his hands onto his hips.

I closed my eyes for exactly 5 seconds before opening them, realizing he wasn't going to go away. "Keegan, crazy seeing you here as well!"

"Not sure if you girls noticed but every single male in this room has an intention to either roofie you, plain kidnap you, or fuck you." He looked around pointing to a male with a gun in his waistband, then pointing to a male with a powder substance as he dumped it into one of our drinks, which was supposed to be watched by the bartender.

"Well girls?" Cole added leaning against Keegan.

Wait... if they're here that means that...

I felt a firm body step behind mine, "Did I not mention to you that you were not going here alone before you hung up on the phone on me? Which you will never do again," I looked over at Valencia and Imani who were in awe over Keegan, Cole, Carmelo and Cell, "I may of heard you mention that.." I slowly turned around, "Allow me to explain...you see my- my phone had died, right, and then I couldn't call you back so I just assumed you'd meet me here,"

He stared down into my eyes,  scanned my body, and stared back into my eyes before raising an eyebrow, "well don't let me ruin the fun."

------------

Kings POV

Those girls were so wasted by the end of the night that Cole, Keegan and I had to carry them home. I decided to keep Elaine at my house, I can protect her better from here.

Seeing how those bastards stared at her at that club, made me want to kill them all. But people always react so dramatically when someone gets shot. That's my everyday life. Shoot, Kill, work, repeat.

She changed my cycle.

I laid her down in my bed, gently laying her head on the pillow, covering her revealed body. She stripped from her clothes before passing out in the car.

Seeing her now wearing one of my t-shirts, asleep in my bed was just a weird feeling.

Feeling.

Feeling is for the weak. She makes me weak, soft.

My father always said how love was a weakness. After he fell in love with my mother he switched to, love is power, then after she was killed it was back to love is a weakness.

I do believe love is a weakness, makes you vulnerable. But I also believe love can be the thing that can save you from the darkness you live in...the darkness I live in.

She slowly rolled over and laid on my chest in her sleep, I haven't received this much affection since my mother was alive, she died when I was 14...I'm 23.

I've started to get used to her affection, the way she'd think I didn't see her stare at me before smiling, the way her eyes light up when I'm around her, the way she holds hope out for me.

I hear her pray for me at night, pray that I stay safe even when I'm doing things I shouldn't be. She has hope that I'll change. 

I had hope too.

I began rubbing her back deep into thought, love...do I love her?

From the second I saw her at that club I knew she was different, not even different, I just knew that I had to have her, and now that she's in my bed, in my clothes, laying on top of me, I know that I need her.

I know that what I feel for her is more then just sexual desire. I crave to feel her love.

I crave for her to be mine.

Is this what love feels like?