𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨

I stare at Levi, a horrified expression on my face at what he just did.

"Levi-" He gives me a glare that shuts me up right away and continues to lay all kinds of hits on Eren's body. It takes me a moment to get over my high of needing to protect Eren and wanting to castrate Levi that I realize what the shorty is doing. 

I scrunch my eyes close with every punch and kick Levi lands, knowing how much they hurt firsthand from many days spent sparring with the captain. Choked grunts escaped Eren's lips with every hit laid on him. I don't care about the message this sends, I'm so going to piss in Levi's tea once we leave this hellhole.

"This is a personal opinion," I open my eyes to see Levi standing over Eren's crouched body. Rage fills my senses but I force myself to smother it down.

Levi speaks again. "But I believe pain to be the best way to train someone. What you need is to be trained like a dog, not a man. It's easier to kick you while you're kneeling, too." Eren's face was turned towards me on the floor. His face already sports a couple of bruises forming, and he's bleeding from his nose and his lip. I give him an encouraging nod saying I'm here for him.

I close my eyes again and dig my nails into my palms as Levi starts to kick him again. Drops of blood trickle down my hands with each grunt Eren lets out. Don't get pissed. Don't get pissed.

"Wait, Levi..." Commander Dawk says hesitantly.

I open my eyes to see Levi's foot on Eren's face.

"What is it?" The shorty asks while removing his foot from Eren's bloodied face.

"That's dangerous...What if he gets angry and turns into a titan?"

Levi just kicks Eren again and holds up his head by the hair. "What're you saying? Aren't you going to dissect him?" The MP commander is taken aback by this. Levi talks again, saying how Eren killed twenty other titans in his own titan form before collapsing, and that if he was an enemy then with his intelligence on us, he would be "a more formidable foe" but still no match for him. I roll my eyes at his arrogance, but he was right; Levi could take down any titan.

"But what will you do?" The captain questions the MP side of the courtroom. "Anyone persecuting him would also consider that fact. Do you really think you can kill him?" The MPs are all left speechless with their mouths gaping open.

My attention shifts to Commander Erwin when he raises his hand. "Sir, I have a proposal."

"What is it?" General Zackly asks with his hands folded in front of him.

"The details of Eren's Titan power remains uncertain. Making it dangerous. Thus, I propose to have Captain Levi take responsibility for Eren's control, and embark on an expedition outside the walls."

"With Eren in tow?" The general asks.

"Yes, sir," Commander Erwin responds. "Based on the expedition results, I'd like you to judge whether Eren can control his titan power and whether he is a boon or bane to humanity." I snicker to myself in my head at Commander Erwin's choice of words. 

"Control Eren Yeager..." General Zackly's attention shifts to Levi. "Can you do it, Levi?"

"I am certain I can kill him. The only problem is I doubt I can do any less." Eren's body is still hunched over while Levi speaks. I catch sight of Mikasa's murderous gaze on the captain as Armin struggles to keep her calm while holding her back.

The general goes over Commander Ewrin's proposal in his head, then he speaks. "Then my decision is made."

Everyone waits silently for the general's next words.