A deal

Desmideus held the kraight in his hand, hesitant to call, but knew it was urgent.

"Damn it." He rang her. 

Desmideus had met Selene when they were both fourteen and had both lost each other virtues to each other. He thought she was cool and cunning and seductive. But later she just became really clingy. Once she had left to return home, she constantly called him, wondering when they would see each other again.

In shorter words; he blocked her. 

But if anyone were to know about dragons; it would be her.

"Hello?" A man responded

"Yes, hi, this is Prince Desmideus Zatara of Aeaea, I wish to speak to Princess Selene please."

The kraight was silent for a few seconds, then a loud voice bellowed through, "Des, how lovely of you to call! I was worried that your kraight was broken or something." Selene answered.

"Uh... yeah." Desmideus shifted in his seat, "I was wondering something, Selene."

"Oh, what is it Des?" Her voice was sweet like caramel; a little bit too sweet.

"Uh, a few days ago we had a sort of... dragon invasion."

"Oh no, you're not hurt, are you?"

"Well..." He looked outside the garden where there was a patch of dead grass, "No, but it's peculiar, you see, this dragon, he kidnapped a girl and then just... left, it doesn't really make sense."

"Oh." Her voice staled, knowing what girl he was referring to, "and what about it?"

"Well, scouts told me they spotted the dragon going to Thrinacia. You haven't heard of a dragon sighting, have you?"

Selene put her kraight down to chuckle, Hyperion had told her he had caught Jayne and that dragon back at Aeaea. What a liar, "No, unfortunately I have not, but why stress over something you can't control? Not to sound harsh, but why do you care about one simple girl? She's most likely dead." 

Selene did not hear a reply, "hello? Des?" Anxiety leaked from her voice.

"We can't just let dragons rule over us." Des came up with a response, "It's come after one girl, whose to say it won't come after another, or another, or another?"

"I wouldn't worry about that." She thought about the dragon locked up below her.

"How do you know? If you're the dragon whisperer, tell me." Des challenged.

"Dragons are isolated creatures, Des, they don't attack communities, at least not for centuries, perhaps that girl had a run in with that dragon and made him mad, they can hold grudges, you know."

"Okay, Selene, I'll be blunt. She's not dead, I know she isn't because when me and my men went after her in the mountains, my men ran into a dragon, in a human form, she was the dragon's sister, and told me that her brother kidnapped her because he thought she was is soulmate and shit, so he wouldn't kill her, okay?" He wasn't planning on telling her that, but he would do anything to get Jayne back.

The kraight was silent for a few minutes and Des held in his breath.

"You risked your life to save her?" She quivered.

"That's what you got from what I said? Not that dragons are shape-shifting creatures?"

"Oh please, I already knew that, you risked you life for some peasant girl, are you an idiot?" She sounded more heartbroken than angry.

Des pondered on the question; perhaps he was. "It's... complicated, it's just... she's alive, and in your country, listen, I'm willing to make some kind of deal with you, a tradeoff, just help me find her, keep her alive, and I'll give you anything you want."

Selene straightened her back and raised a brow, "Anything?" She asked with hope, teasing an idea.

"Yes, anything."

Selene looked at the unconscious girl on the floor, blood surrounding her body, "I want a marriage alliance." 

--------------------------------

A/N: OMG GUYS I'm so sorry I haven't updated in like 2 months I've just been soooo busy with school and I probs won't be updating until like April because I have two courseworks due in for March. (I was also hit with some writer's block oof)

But IDAWRIAOG Is officially a year old! Yes, I published the first chapter on valentines day last year and so I really wanted to get a chapter out on the anniversary lol. This chapter is very short so I might post a couple more within the next couple of days but after that I will probs take another break until April/ post like the odd chapter in Feb/March.