1

After the traces of Calamity Ganon dissipated, dawn began; The citadel was destroyed, only few buildings survived and were standing, the most surprising thing was to see that the castle was one of them.

The soldiers admired the sky of a new day as well as those fighters who stayed to protect their respective regions, Hyrule was safe at last.

Champions, princess and the knight were still in the room where they faced Ganon, feeling the sun on them from one of the walls that were shattered during the battle, they walked towards it to witness the landscape; After an emotional farewell from their allies who came from the future, they decided to stay there a little longer.

Zelda, the brave princess and priestess of Hyrule, clutched to her chest the masterpiece she used to built Terrako so many years ago, the diminutive guardian who gave its life for everyone.

The sun was just peeking out but a morning breeze was beginning to enter through the worn corridors of the castle, she realized it was cold.

King Rhoam, the current King of Hyrule walked across the ruined stairs, jumped through the hole from upstairs caused by Ganon on the battle meeting with the others in a subtle landing despite his large size, everyone turned with some concern, the atmosphere returned to one of relief when they found out who it was.

With slow steps, Rhoam approached to Zelda, took off his royal coat so he could put it around the blonde's shoulders considering that she had fought, ran through heated battles and the coldest rains only on her ceremonial dress, the sacred clothes went from being an immaculate cloth to a mess of earth, ruin and blood.

Link, the princess's knight, wielder of the sword that bends the darkness, was going to bow as soon as he saw the King approaching Zelda but he felt a hand resting on his shoulder, he turned to see Impa, the royal advisor who was shaking her head, the boy understood and straightened up to look.

All the champions and the two servers of Hyrule's crown witnessed how for the first time that the imposing monarch sheltered his daughter from the morning cold in a paternal gesture, the young girl looked up to see him, somehow puzzled as soon as she spoke -F-Father, I- She pulled Terrako's piece closer to her chest.

Zelda trembled, ashamed to admit that the huge, heavy coat had relieved her from the cold -We need to attend the surviving soldiers and make an assessment of the damage- he interrupted, returning to his stoic natural state.

One of the champions, Urbosa, the Gerudo matriarch, champion of her people, smiled to herself; If her dearest friend, the late Queen of Hyrule, saw that, she would surely be touched to tears.

-If you allow me, m-majesty- muttered the princess zora and champion, Mipha raising her hand as if she were asking permission to speak, as soon as the old man's eyes fell on her, she took a step forward to start speaking - I could heal the wounded, i just need some days - Urbosa, placed one hand on her hip while with another she kept her scimitar, took half a step forward - My warriors and I could make a rescue team for the soldiers trapped on the battle's ruins that occurred during the fight-

Daruk, the champion of the Goron and the right hand of his people took another step forward -My people are strong, with enough material we could rebuild the castle as the citadel in a couple of months - he said bringing his fists to his stomach with a wide smile.

Revali, the champion of th Rito, had his wings crossed, he looked into the dark room where they were on the edge of what was life and death not only for them but for the whole kingdom, it was proven in a certain way that his ability helped to finish Ganon.

Carrying a certain pride, the archer took a step forward with his head held high -In the blood of the rito, the air of the sky runs through us, i could organize a couple of warriors who are good at orientation to deliver letters just as our ancestors used to do, I don't think that teleporting several times and then going down with a paraglider as a method of delivering all the messages is prudent, maybe only for the most urgent manners we could use that technology-

Impa nodded -It's true, we don't know the state of the Sheikah towers , I don't have the doubt that Purah will bring out the full potential of the towers but depending on them so much wouldn't be a good thing - she commented supporting the proposal.

Link took another step and bowed in front of father and daughter, looking down waiting for the next orders, putting his fist firmly on the floor, when Revali saw that, he rolled his eyes.

The rito didn't hate the hero, at least not so much anymore; Link earned his respect, among so many battles that they lived as suicidal excursions, he proved to be someone loyal, strong and brave, above all.

It was impossible to forget the amazement that Revali couldn't hide when he saw how the "little knight" returned from the home of the Great Deku Tree with the Master Sword in its scabbard.

But he was... like a dog, waiting to be told what to do.¿Where that diligence and independence that he showed in combat had gone? ¿ He will be once again the little knight without feelings he met? His thoughts dissipated when Urbosa gently touched one of his wings to indicate that the king was going to speak.

Rhoam opened his lips, remained silent contemplating those around him, taking a mental photograph -Thanks to all of you, we were able to defeat the calamity, I am honored and deeply grateful for your actions - he began to say -But I'm not the one to give a verdict on what all of you offer- he added while looking at the princess.

Zelda agreed, having her father's coat, the piece of the diminutive guardian offered her a warm security in addition to that ... Before all they had lived, she was standing in front of friends more than champions, that included Link.

She lowered her arms and smiled -You and your people have shown to be united even before the calamity, I appreciate everyone's help, Hyrule was able to stand firm thanks to your effort, but ... Don't you want to know if your hometowns are safe? - the princess asked.

The Gerudo matriarch raised her head -In my tribe we are strong women, if there was any catastrophe, I'm sure that the captains who remained in the city successfully repelled those dangers, but I could visit them before returning with more warriors to help with the rescues- said reflectively.

-I would like to see how my father and Sidon are, after making sure they're safe, I will return with doctors to heal the wounded and attend the sick ones with more caution- Mipha commented, remembering that one thing that the Zora King, Dorphan, her father, had asked to her before joining Zelda and Link in their adventure; to return home safe and sound.

-Maybe I should go back to see how they are, and bring in a couple of workers, collect materials along the way- Daruk said.

Zelda smiled, she understood that they had been away from their homes for a long time, even Master Kooga had retired without anyone seeing him with his followers to avoid facing Rhoam.

-I refuse to go back, yet- spoke the rito, cutting off what could have been another warm farewell- Your highness, I'm sure you'll need to write letters to the different towns, ranches and villages where your people took refuge, I'm the right one for that task, ¿Should not your own people start to return to their home? -

The princess looked at the rito champion and nodded -Okay Revali, I will accept your proposal, I'm going to start writing those letters immediat- everything became blurry for Zelda whom from one second to another, her eyes closed at the same time as her body fell.

She was collapsing, in a quick reflex Link caught her in his arms, everyone surrounded them extremely concerned, Mipha dared to move first, approaching to check Zelda's injuries.

(Hey wow, my first fanfic since high school, i'm a fucking mess tho, and english is not my best side, but i will do my best)
Well, as you remember the "Rito" of WW were messengers, and although it is not in the same timeline where BoTW is located (because it still does not have a location , it has only had hints of being in the same timeline of TP) but well, I wanted to put that the race had long been appearing since the centuries between TP and this game tho)