Endless - Prologue

Hello everyone!

It's finally here!! We hope you all enjoy this prologue to the Reckless sequel! We are so excited to start posting up Endless - and we hope you all love it just as much as we loved writing it!!

xoxo, The Aurora Honor

Prologue

Love is a strange thing.

It captures you when you don’t even realize it. The feeling weaves its way into you, and before you know anything is happening - you’re falling. Hard. Fast. A rush of butterflies and sunshine. It’s beautiful.

Without love, life would be unbearable.

And due to that, they say that it’s better to have loved, than not loved at all. While that may be true, all love isn’t good. Some love is suffocating and unhealthy. And for me, my love was too much.

It was reckless.

I became reckless.

That’s what he made me - what our love did to me. That’s what happened when I fell in love. I fell for him unknowingly, yet so willingly. When his love encased me, I changed - whether it was for better or worse - and it scared me.

I stopped being the careful person I was. I reverted back to my younger days, when childhood was innocent and life was easy. And when reality hit me, I did something that I thought would be best.

I left.

I left our love.

I left him.

But it was for the best, and in my head that seemed okay. I didn’t deserve his love. He was a ray of luminous light - he would be fine without me. He had a path in life; the world loved him.

I was a ticking bomb; there was no place in his life for me.

And because I loved him, I was willing to let him go.

When I left that small town of Hudson, Ohio, I hoped that I wouldn’t have to see him again. I couldn’t bear to see his beautiful face and realize what we had was gone forever - it would break my heart even more. But life always has a way of bringing people together.

Four months after I decided that I would never go back, I received an envelope in the mail. How it reached my house, I had no idea… but it was there. And what was inside made a smile grace my face, but at the same time… an ache I hadn’t felt in a long time settled into my heart.

And this time, I wasn’t sure that I could take another heartbreak.