Chapter 50 -Nothing to say-

Fred Weasley Pov :

"She couldn't have gone that far Sirius." My mother comforts the panicked man in the other room.

"We don't know that Molly!" Sirius shouts, pacing back and forth, hands running through his disheveled hair.

It had been a few hours since Delilah's disappearance, with no trace as to where she might have gone. It was shortly after lunch when everyone noticed the lack of her presence, the usual cloud of smoke hanging in the air. Immediately Sirius started to go on a rampage, storming up to her room and practically tearing the place apart. He looked for any signs as to why she left or where she was going.

Of course his search had no results, the only objects found were music and packs of cigarettes. Afterwards, he continued to demand that he should be able to leave the house and look for his only daughter. Naturally, Moody insisted that he remain calm and wait until later tonight to take further actions. Still, that didn't stop Sirius from continuing to search the entire house and snap at anyone that even uttered Delilah's name.

"I reckon she went back to the Malfoy's and told her slimy git of a brother all about us." Ron mutters angrily.

"Shut it Ron, I'm trying to listen." I say in annoyed tone, placing my ear against the door. In the other room I continue to hear Sirius walk back and forth, mumbling curses.

"Yeah Ron that's Fred's girlfriend your talking about." George snickers from beside me.

"Girlfriend?!" The golden trio cry out in unison while I hit my twin in the stomach.

"No, not my girlfriend, George is being ridiculous." I huff, continuing to listen into the other room.

"Whatever you say Freddie." My twin flashes me a grin as I attempt to hit him once more.

Suddenly,a loud crash comes from the door behind us, rattling the ceiling and causing dust to fall. The five of us turn around instantaneously, searching for the cause of the abrupt noise. Letting my eyes roam to the doorway, I feel my mouth go agape at the sight before me.

"Miss me Weasel?" Delilah hiccups, stumbling as she continues to enter the room. Her leather jacket is hanging messily off her shoulders, almost to the point where the sleeve is touching the floor. A cigarette is placed loosely between her teeth, and her normally pink lips are a dark shade of red. The stench of alcohol wafts all the way from where she is standing and it is at that moment when I realize she is completely drunk.

"Bloody hell." Ron exclaims, eyes wide at Delilah's current state.

"Oh merlin Snake." I quickly dash towards her, preventing her from falling to the ground. I wrap an arm around her waist as her leans all of her body weight onto me.

"Hey hands off the merchandise." She giggles, swatting my arms away.

"Do you want to fall?" I question through gritted teeth, tightening my grip as she continues to sway.

"She's intoxicated!" Hermione whispers harshly.

"Brilliant observation Hermione." Harry responds, tone laced with sarcasm.

"What are we going to do with her?" George asks , glancing at the girl clinging to my side. 

"No clue." I mutter looking back down at Delilah.

"You smell like cinnamon." She sighs, nuzzling her nose into the fabric of my shirt.

"She really is drunk." My twin says worriedly.

"We have to tell Sirius." Hermione interrupts, motioning her arm in the direction of the next room.

"Is that really the best idea?" George looks disbelievingly at her as Sirius' shouts echo throughout the house.

"Well what else should we do?" Ron throws his hands up, clearly agitated.

"We could apparate to her room." George pipes up, shrugging his shoulders.

"No, she won't be able to, she'd probably get splinched." I pull the girl upright as she tucks her head farther into my side. Her arms are curled around my middle, almost like a hug.

"How about you just get her up to her room and then we'll tell Sirius what happened after she's settled in." Hermione suggests and we all nod in agreement

"Alright, come on Snake." I start to walk, dragging the girl with me.

"My feet are tireddd." She groans, slumping against me even more.

"Oh alright." I sigh, bending down to place my hands behind her knees. Hoisting her up into my arms, I begin to carry her. She lets out a giggle and curls her arms around my neck.

"You're warm." She yawns, burying her face into my chest.

"And you're drunk. " I chuckle, carrying her up the stairs.

"Where are we going?" Delilah questions, moving slightly in my arms.

"To your room." I sigh, readjusting my hold on her back.

"Oh, are you coming too ?" She smiles into my shirt.

"I'm just dropping you off." I continue to walk down the hallway, finally approaching her room.

Propping the door open with my foot, I march over to her bed. Untwining Delilah from my hold, I gently place her underneath the sheets. Rolling my eyes as her limbs sprawl out over the bed, I begin to walk away.

"Can you stay." Delilah whines grabbing my wrist as I start to turn. Looking back at her I notice her eyes are wide and glassed over, probably due to the alcohol.

"I don't know Snake, you'll probably hex me in the morning." I stare uneasily at the wand tucked into the waistband of her jeans.

"No I won't, your face is too pretty to be hexed." She gives me a lop-sided grin, pulling at my wrist.

"Well if you say so." I smile gently, lying down in the space beside her.

"Thanks Weasel." She mumbles, curling into my side. I try not to laugh at the absurdity of her drunken state, her sudden clingy demeanor.

"Just don't drool on me." I laugh placing my arms around her.

"Bugger off." She mutters into my neck, her breath warm from the alcohol. I watch her eyelids close, face softening due to exhaustion.

"Goodnight Delilah." I whisper, looking down at the girl wrapped around me.

"Goodnight Fred." She replies in a voice so quiet I'm sure I've imagined it. I stare down at her in surprise, the words that she just uttered coming as a shock. That was the first time she's ever said my real name. Grinning broadly, I place my chin on top of her head. A few moments pass before the rise and fall of her chest becomes steady, her breaths evening out. I continue to watch the girl for a little while, her small figure entwined with my own.

Finally, I feel my own eyelids begin to grow heavy, sleep starting to overtake me. I glance over the girl one more time, her angelic features paled in the moonlight. Stroking a stray of her black hair from her face, a small smile play on my lips. Letting my eyes close, I find that for the first time in my life, I have nothing to say.