⇢ CHAPTER 76 - A.U.

WHAT IF...

THE PLANE CRASH NEVER HAPPENED?

"That was fun." Holly mused, looping her arm around Lexie's neck as she smiled brightly towards the girl on their walk towards the shuttle, "And I saw you sneak off into a room with Mark-- alone."

Lexie's head snapped to the girl before her eyes drifted to Mark and Derek talking in the distance before they settled back onto the redhead, "What'd he say?"

"Nothing." Holly shrugged before a smile graced her face as she nudged Lexie's gently, "So tell me--!"

"Shush!" Lexie warned, covering Holly's mouth as she muttered, "Not so loud." Grabbing Holly's hand, she moved the two a few feet away from the parking lot, "Fine."

"Yay." Holly cheered in a whisper, smiling brightly. 

Lexie rolled her eyes at her antics before starting as she sat down on a bench, "We talked, and he told me that he broke up with Julia and... we fixed all our issues."

"Ooh." Holly quirked a brow, "And?"

Lexie's eyes flickered from Holly to Mark, and ultimately landed back on Holly as she shrugged before sputtering out a lie, "Nothing."

Holly chuckled, looking at Lexie with a squint, "Oh, I know something happened." 

Looking up at the clock as he lightly spun on the chair planted at the Nurses's Station, Jackson mentally counted down the hours it would take for Holly's plane to land as his pocket grew heavy-- the note he had written for Holly practically weighted him down as he felt anxious, knowing the feelings he had written on the paper would change the course of their friendship to something or nothing.

"Excuse me," A familiar voice sounded from the distance, not enough to make Jackson turn, "do you know where Holly Kepner is?"

At that, he turned and quirked a brow, "Logan?"

"Jackson." Logan smiled, walking over to the doctor in relief at finding someone he knew, "Hey, um, do you know where Holly is?"

Jackson folded his arms in front of him as he stood, sizing up the man as he informed, "She's on a flight back from Boise." 

"Oh." Logan nodded, almost dejectedly before he stammered, "Um, well, d-do you know when she'll be back?"

Jackson nodded, gesturing towards the clock, "About five hours from now, give or take..." His eyes went to slants, "don't you have to cook something for someone now or--?"

"Yeah," Logan smiled as he joked, "don't you have some life to save?" Upon hearing no laughter, Logan cleared his throat before remarking, "It's my day off today, and, um, I just wanted to apologize to Holly."