Satan- Change The Choices

Voting announcement number one, reply number two. Voter: TheArtisticPotato

Satan had become obsessed with a book series lately. Actually, you weren't even sure if you could call it an obsession. It was something much more than that at this point in life. You were beginning to get upset.

Nobody was able to get his attention, even. He'd just sit there, all day, unmoving except for when he had to flip a page. You wanted the old Satan back, because even though that one also read, at least he'd listen to you when you spoke.

Now, he was just an occasionally moving statue.

You wish you hadn't introduced him to the first book. That was the thing that had really gotten him into the fandom. How great it would be if he could just look at you and not one of those books, even for a minute.

You then had an idea. There was no guarantee that you would be allowed to do what you thought you should do, but it was worth a shot, you supposed. You get ready to go out, and head towards Diavolo's castle.

You walk for a bit, and almost bump into him. "Oh, sorry, I was just heading towards the castle. Could you please allow me to do something?" You ask desperately. "Hm?" He looks into your eyes with pure innocence.

"I was wondering if I could be allowed to go to the past. You see, Satan has become rather engrossed in a book series lately, and he won't pay attention to anyone. He won't even eat or anything like that. I fear it is becoming detrimental to his health." You say hurriedly.

Diavolo's eyes widen. "Of course you can, if his case is that bad, why wouldn't I let you? You can get to the castle yourself, correct?" You nod. "Thank you, I'll be going there now. Goodbye!" You say, waving, as Diavolo politely waves back.

As soon as you get to the castle, you see Barbatos opening the doors. "You came here because of Satan, correct?" He asks, with his usual straight, unreadable face. "Ah, yes, thank you." You say as he lets you into his room and through a door. 

Time to go fix the past.

You had found this great book series, and you had been reading a lot of it lately. You had been into it for a while before it occurred to you that maybe Satan would like it. You didn't currently have any physical copies, though.

You would often go to the library. This wasn't how you found out about the book, though. You had found out about it from an ad on Deviltube, so you decided to give it a read. But you had only thought of letting Satan read it a couple of hours after you had returned it, and by then, someone else had already grabbed it, so you took a random but interesting book so as not to look suspicious.

You were hiding near one of the bookshelves, watching every move of the past. A while after you had left, the book was returned and you grabbed it soon after nobody was looking. 

After a few days, you had found out that the book you were looking for had been put back on the shelves, so you went to the Historical Fiction section of the library, yet you didn't find it. You gave the book you got a couple of days ago back to the librarian. It had turned out to be a very interesting read.

You took a book that you had also thought you should have shown to Satan sometime, and took it to the checkout. You left, not knowing that the future you was following you closely, stealthily, before a huge *CRACK* noise was made, like a snapping branch, and you were gone.

You had wrapped your arms as quickly as you could around your past self, and you were now the only (Y/N) around. You used your quick reflexes and snatched the book from the air before it hit the ground, which would have easily caused damage.

You quickly jog off to the House Of Lamentation. You're not sure why you're surprised your plan worked. Eventually, you get there, and walk inside, the book being safely carried in your arms. You knock on Satan's door.

He answers it and you smile. "I found a book I think you might like!" You say excitedly, hiding the fact that this wasn't exactly the book you were looking for. He takes the book so gingerly, you would have thought it was an explosive that could blow at any moment.

"Thank you, (Y/N), I've been looking for this one for a while now." Says Satan. He looks at you. "Come in, we can have a chat before I get started on this book and end up staying awake all night." If only he knew.

At least he was happy, and so were you.

1-2