Chapter 17: Reunion

A/N: I admit, I am too lazy to construct a plan around the chapters in the manga, so I'll leave it up to your imagination, okay? Yes? I'm sure you would rather spend more time with Sasha, so... here we go! Oh, and plus... I should've finished this so long ago... I dug my own grave.

With strength drained from both heart and soul, you believed you could never stand back to your feet without falling. Yet, there it was. A spark of hope. A spark of joy. A single voice ringing on the empty battlefield. Where titans used to reign, roaming across the lands. What was there...

"(y/n)!"

Just a single call of your name from her, it was enough to get you back to your feet. Blood ran down from the side of your head and into your right ear, but that didn't matter. What mattered most was...

"Sasha!" You called out to her, seeing her run towards you.

Eyes stained with tears, Sasha was there. One moment you were standing on your feet, and the next, you were on the ground with Sasha crashing onto your chest. Her tears fell onto your cheeks as she began to wail. "You're safe... you're safe..."

She then rubs her head into your chest, crying softly. "I'm here," you assured her, digging your fingers into her hair. "I'm here... and I'm not going anywhere else." You promised, smiling softly.

"You better not... you idiot..."

Sasha then got off of you, drying her tears with the back of her sleeve. Yet no matter what, those tears continued to fall. You catch her in your arms, slightly limping back in the direction she came from. "Come on, let's go home..."

"Home?"

You smiled, nodding your head. "Of course... we're going home. Honestly, Sasha Braus, wherever you go, it shall be my home. To be by your side is good enough for me. By your side... I'll be happy to be your husband."

"Is this some sort of lame proposal?"

"Is it lame if it works?"

Such a shy smile appeared on her face weakly. "No, I guess not..." She smiles, giving you nudge. "Either way... as long as there's meat involved, then-"

"Meat will always be involved, Potato Girl."

"Gah!"

You chuckled softly, seeing her panic at such an old nickname as that. Before she could say another word- perhaps a curse to you calling her that- you kissed her lips. After this whole time, her kiss was all you needed from her. "Sasha..." You called out, brushing her hair out of her face.

"Yes...?"

"I love you..."

Her cheeks grew warm to the touch and red with color. Her eyes darted away to look elsewhere. But where else could she look other than yourself? "I love you too, (y/n)... I love you now and forever..."