𝙵𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 & 𝚂𝚘𝚗

"No. I will not let you have my daughter."

The atmosphere suddenly became heavy and they fell in complete silence as Tsukishima sat still in the living room on the opposite couch that the older man is sitting on.

The man sat with his arms crossed his over his chest as he eyed the the young blonde who is obviously taller than him, holding his stern gaze at Tsukishima.

For his age, he definitely look young with that same eye color and hair. There's no doubt that he's Y/N father at first glance.

It should have been a normal weekend for Kei and Y/N. But her parents came home unannounced from a business trip that day, with her father opening the door for Tsukishima.

Surprised was an understatement when she introduced Kei as his boyfriend to her dad. Her mom met him multiple times anyway but for some reasons, he never crossed paths with the other L/N.

So for the past 30 minutes, while Y/N and her mom are making dinner in the kitchen, the two never backed down on their staring contest.

"Daaaad! Don't scare Kei-kun there, okay?"

Y/N called out from the kitchen while helping her mother with the side dishes, to which he just clicked his tongue as a response before turning away from the boy whose hands are rested on his knees.

"I can't believe it. I just went away for a while to come home to my cute little daughter already being taken away by some highschool boy. Tsk."

He mumbled under his breath but loud enough for Tsukishima to hear everything.

"Then what? Don't tell me he's playing some ball game and is popular with girls where he has a lot of fan girls who went kyaaa kyaaa when he's in the court."

The older L/N continued, imitating the high pitched squels of fan girls as they cheer for that one attractive player. And he recalled Y/N telling him that her father used to play basketball in his highschool days where he met her mom.

Clearing his throat to clear the lump forming, he went on.

"And then... on graduation day... he'll propose to her... and get married... and have a beautiful little girl..."

Tsukishima's eyes shifted back at the older man when he heard a sniffle coming from him.

It wasn't really on the plan tonight for a surprise meet and greet with her father. But he knew that he have to introduce himself formally one day.

It was too unexpected for him but he also understood how her father felt. Surprisingly.

If one day, just in case, if he'll ever have a daughter, he'll definitely be worried as well. He may not be a father yet but he knows.

Because by just the thought of someone taking her away from him scares him. But he'll never admit that with his own words, of course. He's Tsukishima Kei after all.

"Sir..."

"What?"

The older L/N turned his head to Tsukishima to see him holding out a handkerchief since it'll be a hassle for him to get up just to get the tissue box beside the television.

"I will not take away Y/N from you. Instead..."

Kei stared directly on her father's orbs to show him his sincerity and that he means every word he's about to say.

"I want to be a part of her life too. A part of yours. And maybe... let her be a part of my family too... someday... I have no plans on stealing her away. But if you'll let me..."

It may be a rare moment for anyone to see, but his lips curved in a smile. Probably the most sincere and reassuring smile he ever had.

"I want to take care of her. More than the way you took good care of her."

Another wave of silence past between them until Y/N's father straightened up from his seat and took the handkerchief the younger one offered to him.

"Whatever..."

Tsukishima can only smile at the silent and indirect approval he received.

Just in time, Y/N walked up to the living room with her apron still on to announce that dinner is ready.

Little did they know, she has been listening to their conversation. Wiping her eyes with the sleeve of her hoodie before facing them with a smile.

-----

Y/N and her mom decided to prepare tonkatsu for everyone with side dishes and soup for that dinner.

A lot of catching up were made specially between the mother and daughter duo along with Tsukishima who answered each question briefly, but politely.

They were currently engaged with a conversation about school when her father cleared his throat.

"So... when's the wedding... son?"

And that caught their attention. Specially Y/N whose face is now as red as a tomato, and Tsukishima who choked on his food.

"Daaaad!"

xx