𝚂𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 & 𝚆𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝑨/𝑵 : 𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒑 𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅.
𝑰 𝒂𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒊𝒛𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒅𝒗𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆.

ㅡㅡㅡ

"Good work today. Don't forget to clean up if you're staying behind."

"Yes, sir. Thank you for today!"

The first years bowed to their coach and advisor in gratitude for their warm welcome in joining the team.

Time went by really fast and a lot has changed ever since the second years and third years of their batch graduated.

New faces, new teammates, new jersey number, new semester. And their last.

Karasuno has regained their title and marked their name in the volleyball league. So that only means that the number of students who wants to be a part of the team increased as well.

"Yamaguchi-kun, here's the copy of the stats today."

"Thank you, Yachi-san."

Tsukishima can't help but glance at his friend's direction. He grew so much over the years not just by the height.

Yamaguchi has grown more confident over the years and he took the position as the new captain of the team with pride.

Yachi also started training the new managers so they can take over once she graduate.

Hinata and Kageyama? Aside from them always bothering and making sure their underclassmen are always in good shape. They never get tired of training the first and second years.

Tsukishima's passion for volleyball also grew. He also got a scholarship to a university in Sendai for being drafted on the V League - Division 2.

"L/N-senpai!"

"Good work today, everyone. Ah, Kei-kun."

The familiar voice made his head turn to the girl walking towards him.

Everyone changed. Even Y/N.

She became more mature but still the same bubbly and sweet girl they knew. Y/N also decided to grow her hair longer for the reason that she missed it, and Tsukishima seems to grow a habit of fiddling with the tip of her hair too.

Change isn't that bad at all.

The wind is starting to get warmer even at night indicating that spring is already here. Cherry blossoms bloom by their school gates and the flowers started to bloom again. Even the jasmine he gave to her 2 years ago as an apology gift is already growing back its flowers.

Change is a good thing.

Right?

There's something behind her smile that seems off today, he noticed as the girl approach her.

Not just today. For the past 2 days, the glow on her smile toned down. It maybe unrecognisable to anyone but it didn't go unnotice to him.

The way she looked at him like she wanted to say something but will turn away whenever their eyes meet. How she doesn't initiate any conversation while walking to and from school.

She loves walking beside him but she always seem so distracted lately that sometimes she doesn't even notice that Kei is already a few steps behind her just like now.

He's the person who appreciate peace and quiet but he was so used of her talking about anything and everything that he just wanted to end the suffocating silence surrounding them.

Y/N felt that too. She doesn't want to keep anything from him but she doesn't want to rush her decisions.

It's been bugging her for days now that she doesn't know how to meet him eye to eye, or how he will react about it.

She's afraid that everything will change that she decided to keep everything to herself hoping that they'll understand.

Hoping that he'll understand.

"Y/N. Is there something wrong? We're okay, right?"

They finally reached her house when Tsukishima finally dropped the question he's been meaning to ask.

He's staring intently at her back as she grip on the iron bar of their front gate.

Tsukishima is not the very patient man in the world so who knows how much he's trying to keep his cool right now.

It felt like an eternity when Y/N finally found her voice. But they aren't the usual cheerful voice he used to get annoyed with. Nor the smile her voice always held.

Who knew that this short, clumsy, idiotic girl can make him speechless with just 3 words.

The Tsukishima Kei who always have a retort or feedback on anything that seems to get into everyone's nerves.

The Tsukishima Kei who keeps his cool in any situation except for his first training camp in Shiratorizawa, courtesy of a certain orange haired boy.

So why?

Why did spring suddenly turned into winter?

"Let's break up."

xx