𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 & 𝚆𝚊𝚛𝚖𝚝𝚑

The piercing sound of the digital alarm clock echoed in the room with the time flashing that it's just 6 o'clock in the morning.

His hand reached for the alarm clock to turn it off, and sit up from his bed with a hand running over his now long locks that almost reached his eyes. He doesn't need anything else to obstruct his already blurry eye sight without his eyeglasses.

Unlike everybody else who seems to be so mad about the small innocent device first thing in the morning, Tsukishima is thankful about it.

His brain has been playing this dreams every night like some kind of episode of a TV that resumes everytime he falls asleep.

It was all pleasant, and warm. Each dream made him feel things he didn't know he was capable of.

Jealousy. Happiness.

And each one of them revolves around her.

It's almost 2 years now when he graduated from highschool. 2 years playing for one of the 2nd Division volleyball team in Sendai that granted him scholarship for his college.

It's not that he needed the scholarship, he just grew to be fond of the sport. It is also a great distraction for him anyway.

To take his mind off of her.

And so, he needed to start his day.

On Fridays, he normally have afternoon classes so there's really no need for him to wake up early. But he needed to.

After taking a quick shower and coffee as his breakfast, he wore his green bomber jacket over a black shirt and slip on his sneakers before stepping out of his apartment.

He was greeted by the nice elderly couple who lived 3 doors from his unit as they ride the elevator.

The elevator ride was quiet, aside from the music coming from his headphones.

Instead of walking towards the school, Tsukishima made a turn to the train station. It is a 45 minutes ride with the familiar music accompanying him.

We are living in the same world?
Boku to kimi kotae wa nai kedo
Unmei no deai sa e dare ka no kimegoto de

The music on his headphones is a song played by the band that she loved. Or still love.

If I can touch your heart
I can tell how you feel
Subete tsukurareteiru ki ga shite
Na mo naki hito boku igai wa
They are all the same, looking like dolls.

Taiyō ga nobotte mo kimi wa kagami o tojita mama

Konoyo de saigo no namida o sotto nagashiteita yo
Kimi wa ayatsuri ningyō janakute boku dake no mono datta n da

Kono nukumori wa me de wa mirenai yo.

The buildings and different structures pass by in a blur as he gaze outside the window.

When was the last time did he ride a train? He can't really remember. But what he can clearly remember is what happened that night.

He can never forget the piercing pain in his chest like he was stabbed multiple times. It was hard to breathe. All he can see is her face stained with her own tears and her soft sobs.

It's been 2 years when they came into terms. When they ended things.

She doesn't want to ruin the plans they made but she unconsciously did by ending everything that night.

On the day of their graduation, that's when he only found out that she'll be leaving on that same day.

He regretted calling her out on how selfish she is before finding out the real reason why she did what she did.

She got a scholarship and internship outside the country that she cannot refuse.

They had plans. Drunken state of Kei's plans that she doesn't want to ruin and give him false hopes. She was really looking forward on fulfilling that future with him. But she's uncertain herself if she'll be able to come back.

If he can wait for her for that long.

But he waited. He waited and wished everyday that she'll finally come home.

His New Year and birthday wishes changed for the past 2 years because of that.

With this sea of people surrounding him as he stand in front of the barriers, there's only one smile he wanted to see. Hands he wanna hold, body he wanted to embrace.

He waited years that his chest tighten everytime the thought of her not coming home is also a possibility. That it is truly the end.

He only wished that by the time he opened his eyes, he'll see that smiling face again.

"Amm... hi..."

He slowly opened his eyes and the world around him seem to slow down as the music on his headphones started to fade along with the noise surrounding them.

Sabitsuiteiru sekai ni utagai o motsu jibun ga ita kedo
The answer you gave me
First love that you brought me ...
Amazora ni hoshitachi ga.

"I'm home, Kei-kun."

The smile he wanted to see for the past 2 years is finally in front of him. The small figure that fits perfectly in his arms. Warmth that he haven't felt in a long time is finally in his hands.

Everything is warm at that moment. His eyes, his body, specially his heart.

"Welcome home, Y/N."

*****

Chapter's song :
Living Dolls
( ONE OK ROCK )

xx