8

•Recovery•Word count 1401

•Recovery•
Word count 1401

Adelina woke up with a stabbing feeling in her stomach. She groaned in pain as her eyes scanned the room. She was still in the Professors office but it was now bright outside. She felt someone's hand holding hers causing her to look at the person sitting next to her. Riven was sleeping in a very uncomfortable chair next to her bed. He was still in the same clothes from the previous night. Adelina looked down at her clothes and noticed that someone had changed them. She had a bandage wrapped around her wound but it was starting to burn. Adelina bit her lip to resist the urge to scream. She tried to push her body into a sitting position but she was to weak. "Hey... don't try to sit up." Riven whispered as he started to wake up. His voice was very deep and groggily due to him just waking up.

"I'm going to miss class." Adelina mumbled as she tried to sit up again. Riven laughed as he placed his hand on her arms and slowly pushed her back down onto her pillow. "You almost got killed by a burned one and you are worried about class?" Riven asks her in disbelief. "I hate being in bed all day. I need to move around." Adelina mumbled in an annoyed tone. "I think you can live with resting for one day." Riven tells her playfully. Adelina rolls her eyes at him. "Who got me dressed?" Adelina asked him softly. "Me but don't worry I closed my eyes." Riven reassures her. "Why didn't you get changed and why did you sleep in here?" Adelina asks him curiously.

"I Uh.... wanted to make sure you were okay. Stella was here earlier but she had to get to school." Riven tells Adelina softly. "I'm going to miss training. Wait why aren't you at school?" Adelina asked him softly. "Even after you almost die you never fail to ask me a million questions." Riven replies playfully. Adelina notices his hand is still holding hers causing butterflies to erupt in her pain filled stomach. Riven clears his throat as he quickly pulls his hand away. Adelina noticed Riven had bags under his eyes and his hair was very messy. "Riven.... you should go back to your room and get some sleep and take a shower." Adelina tells Riven sharply. "I'm not leaving this room till you do." Riven replies back sharply as his eyes lock with hers. Adelina felt her heart quicken as she stared into his eyes. "Well that chair looks horribly uncomfortable." Adelina tells him playfully.

"I think my ass might be broken after sitting in it." Riven replies back playfully. Adelina laughs as she painfully scoots over in her bed. She pats the spot next to her. "No.... I can't." Riven tells her softly as he shakes his head. "Come on. This bed is way more comfortable than that stupid chair." Adelina tells him softly. Riven sighs as he runs a hand through his hair. He gives in and climbs into the bed next to her. Adelina felt so nervous as her leg was pressed against his. She pushes her body up enough so she is sitting next to Riven in the bed. Riven carefully places the pillow behind her back in order to support her body. "Aren't you a little stressed that you are missing your classes?" Adelina asks Riven curiously. Riven laughs loudly as he shakes his head. "Have you met me?" He asks her sarcastically.

"I forgot that you probably skip class more than you go to it." Adelina replies back sharply. "It's not like we learn anything important and you shouldn't worry about missing your fairy classes. It's not like what they teach you about control actually works." Riven tells her playfully. Adelina glares at him causing Rivens to shrug his shoulders. "But you did save my ass with your fire so I am in debt to you." Riven says softly. Adelina laughs as she nudges his shoulder. "In debt. What the hell does that even mean?" Adelina asks him playfully. "It means that you can ask me for anything and I'll do it." Riven says in a flirtatious tone.

"Like what?" Adelina asked him curiously. Riven smirked at her as Adelina felt Riven place his hand on her thigh. "Anything you desire." Riven says seductively. Adelina feels her face get hot as she quickly moves her leg away from Riven. "I desire to no longer owe you a kiss." Adelina admits to him. Riven looks disappointed as he nods his head. "Way to make it unfun." Riven mumbles softly. "Hey! I went past the barrier so I am no longer unfun." Adelina replies back playfully. "Whatever you tell yourself." Riven replies back flirtatiously as his eyes locked with Adelinas. Adelina felt herself get very nervous as she realized how close Rivens face was to hers.

"How is the patient?" Professor Harvey yelled as he entered the room. Riven quickly broke eye contact with Adelina. "I'm good just sore." Adelina replied back softly. "Really? All the grown men would be crying and complaining by now." Professor Harvey tells her playfully. "Adelinas too stubborn to admit when she's in pain." Riven tells him truthfully. Adelina nudged Rivens shoulder as she shook her head lightly. "This isn't going to be fun but I have to take a look at the wound." Professor Harvey tells Adelina nervously. Riven nods as he tries to lift up Adelinas shirt but she quickly swats his hand away. "Sorry force of habit." Adelina replies back nervously. Riven stares at her in disbelief as she lifts up her shirt. Professor Harvey removed the bandage revealing her wound. It looked darker and like it was spreading down her stomach. "This isn't going to feel good." Professor Harvey warned her as he placed something on her wound. Adelina bit her lip as she tried not to show that she was in excruciating pain. Riven quickly grabbed her hand. Adelina squeezed his hand as the pain got worse. Adelina felt a tear fall down her face but she quickly wiped it away. She wished the pain would stop.

"Damm you are a tough one. The first cut from a burn one is always the worst yet here you are not even making a sound." Professor Harvey mumbles in disbelief. He quickly placed the bandage back on her stomach as her body relaxed. She stopped squeezing the circulation out of Rivens hand as she pulled her shirt back down. "I'll be back later." Professor Harvey tells her softly. She tells him thank you as she hears the door open. "How is she?" Sky asked as he entered the room. "Good." Adelina lies as she smiles at him. "She's doing great but if they don't catch it soon it will spread even more." Professor Harvey tells Sky. "Professor.... I think it's spreading up." Adelina tells him truthfully. She lifts up her shirt revealing her bra. Rivens eyes widened as he tried to focus on the wound and not something else. The wound was grossly spreading to her chest. "I'm sure Silva will get the burned one in no time." Professor Harvey tells her in a unsure voice. He quickly leaves as Sky walks closer to her bed.

"Riven can I talk to you outside for a minute?" Sky asks him softly. Riven nods as he climbs out of the bed. "Professor Harvey says Silva can't find the burned one." Sky tells Riven angrily. "What the fuck? They need to find it.... she can't... I can't lose..... if she dies Sky...I will never forgive myself." Riven rambles frantically. "I know that's why me and you are going to go kill it tonight." Sky replies back sharply. Riven gives him a concerned look as he laughs. "Do you want to end up like her?" Riven asks him sharply. "No but she's going to end up dead if we don't kill it." Sky replies back angrily. Riven glances through the door at Adelina. His heart sank as he realized she was crying. She didn't know he was looking at her. He couldn't imagine how much pain she was in right now and she tried to hide it from everyone. "What time do we leave at?" Riven asked Sky sharply.

_____________________________
Sky and Riven are going to try and kill it 😳