3.4 flying into your heart

Y/N's pov ϟ

"Hermione, do you think tinted chapstick is too much?" I stared at the mirror in front of me, which reflected Hermione lying on her bed.

Hermione looked up from her potions textbook. "I thought you said it was just quidditch practice."

I turned behind me to see her smirking up at me.

"Answer the question."

"Yes, I mean what if you guys snog or something. He'll taste cherry," Hermione said, stifling a laugh.

I grabbed the pillow next to my desk and threw it at her. It caught her off guard and hit her smack in the middle of her face. I snorted as she jokingly glared at me.

"Like I mentioned before, I do not like Harry!" I exclaimed before turning back to the mirror. I applied the cherry chapstick liberally before standing up.

"Goodbye, Hermione. I will be going to quidditch practice now," I said with a smile on my face.

"If you do snog, you have to let me know!" she called as I exited our room, bundled with sweaters and scarves.

Harry's pov ϟ

I picked up two brooms as I saw Y/N enter the field.

"Hi!" she said excitedly as she ran up to me. "Are you ready to be outflown by me?" She had a smirk on her face. I looked down at her lips, which were pinker than usual.

I scoffed jokingly. "Not a chance. If you had forgotten, I am the youngest seeker in over a century."

"Sure, Mr. Potter," she said with a smile on her face as she grabbed a broom from my hand. "Let's fly."

We shot up into the air as I played keeper while she threw quaffles at me. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw how well she played. I secretly hoped we would be on the team together this year since it would mean I could spend more time with her. We went on for a couple of hours, Y/N making the goal nearly every time.

"You're a horrible keeper. You should be glad you're a seeker," she mocked as she made another goal. Both of our cheeks were flushed red due to the harsh wind. It was getting late, around dinner time and the winds started to pick up.

I rolled my eyes playfully as I threw her the quaffle. As she reached up to catch it, a gust of wind flew and she was thrown off her broom. I heard her shriek as she fell.

I flew down and jumped off my broom in time to catch her from hitting the ground. I didn't think it completely through and landed hard on my back. We landed on the grass with a thud, Y/N on top of me. Thankfully, we weren't that high off the ground.

"Oh my god, Harry! I'm so sorry!" Y/N said as she scrambled off me. "Oh no, do you need to go to the infirmary?! I'll help you there."

I winced as I stood up, leaning on Y/N. Truthfully, it didn't hurt much but I liked having her close to me. We walked out of the field as we saw Hermione run towards us.

"Harry! Sirius Black has been sighted at Dufftown, which is near Hogsmeade..." Hermione trailed off as she saw me leaning against Y/N.

"Oh Godric, what did you do!" she exclaimed worriedly as she helped us towards the infirmitory.

"Just a small fall, no worries," I reassured her and the three of us walked towards Madam Pomfrey. Y/N opened the door and told Madam Pomfrey what happened. She quickly got a cot ready and told me to lay there.

"Now, you two run along. Harry is fine with me. It's dinner time and I'm sure Ron wouldn't fancy you leaving him alone," Madam Pomfrey told Hermione and Y/N as she fetched me heating pads.