I won

"Here," Vincent tossed a folded page on the table, "Katherine asked Aliza to give this to you. I don't understand why she even bothered." He shot a seething glare in Klaus's direction, who kept staring at the glass in his hand.

Elijah took a deep breath. He knew Vincent and Rome had every right to be angry at them but the way Aliza was looking at him made him feel like a monster.

He hated that feeling.

A part of him was at peace knowing that his Katrina was free. It was something he always wished for. He and Klaus took a lot from Katherine, she didn't deserve what happened to her that night. She only wanted to be loved for who she is.

"How is she?" Elijah asked.

"She had a panic attack," Vincent answered, "Tell Kol to stay away from Ali because I've had enough."

"I'm aware-"

"You don't know anything," He hissed at Klaus "I told you to be patient with her, I told you to keep your temper in check, I told Kol to stay in his limits," Vincent pointed an accusing finger in Elijah's direction, "I trusted you, and look what you did."

Elijah clenched his jaw, not knowing what to say. He had so much going on inside him, he couldn't imagine what Aliza was going through.

Klaus could feel his insides burn, the sounds of Aliza's screams, the horror in her words when she said he will lock her in a box, that they will kill her the same way they killed Finn.

Every word was digging in his heart, burning holes. He thought he had felt every kind of pain. But he had no idea what type of pain he was experiencing at that moment, the alcohol was only making him feel worse.

"You gave us your word, Elijah. You promised that your family will not let what Finn did get to you and accept Aliza the same way you accepted Hope and welcome her into your lives. But no because you Mikaelsons just love hurting your own people."

"This was not supposed to happen." Elijah defended, his voice small.

"Then why did it?" Vincent asked, walking further to stand in front of Elijah, "She is terrified, Elijah."

Elijah held his head down. Too ashamed to look Vincent in the eye.

"She thinks that the only reason we ever loved her was because of your family." He jabbed a finger in Elijah's chest, "Today Mithila's motherhood was questioned all because Kol was too childish to see Aliza as a person instead of Finn's daughter."

Elijah closed his eyes, the weight of Vincent's words stabbing him in the heart, clawing at his insides. All he wanted to do was scream his head out. His guts twisting and his eyes burning.

Klaus wanted to say something but the words were stuck in his throat, it was hard to breathe, to even think.

He loathed himself. He had forgotten the promise he made to Hope about being a better man and now he realized what he had done.

He had done nothing but question Aliza's innocence, her kindness, he was holding her accountable for something that was his mother's fault.

"Congratulations, Aliza is no longer a part of your family."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stefan gripped the bottle of whiskey in his hand as he began to dial Elena's number.

The way Aliza was staring at him, haunted his mind. Her eyes and the fear in them made him feel like the most horrible person in the world. Matt had left without saying a single word, Caroline and Bonnie had locked themselves in their rooms while Enzo was with Rebekah.