fourteen.

vote and comment.
100 votes for next chapter.
follow @kirawritess for updates 💙.
Jasmine is Monét, refer back to chapter ten.

Jayda had found a way to excuse herself for the fifth time today

Jayda had found a way to excuse herself for the fifth time today. She sat in the bathroom with the knees to her chest after receiving a text message from her mother stating that she missed her and to have a lot of fun during her vacation.

She wanted to break down and let her know everything that was going on but unlike the other women around her, death wasn't promised upon just herself but the ones she loved also. This family was cruel and evil. They had a name for themselves and it ran all the way to Texas.

She couldn't see how Monét and Dess had adapted to being kidnapped victims but realized they had compartmentalized and forced themselves to be okay with something they couldn't change. They defended their behavior, they hid their emotions to the things that went on around them and it was simply because of their backgrounds and not coming from a family of love.

They were doomed before they even entered this life. Jayda partially blamed herself, she was the reason Monét was in the predicament, she had convinced Monét to be her friend in Austin, the more she pulled away the more Jayda pushed a friendship on her.

"This is your fourth time coming here Jasmine, you talk to me at your appointments get comfortable but then when I ask to hang out, you decline me sis. I don't have a lot of friends, but you seem genuine."

Monét didn't think that it was any of Jayda's business, she was paying her to do her hair, so she should have simply done that. She could have went to anyone else but Jayda was not only one of the cheapest in the area but the best. Jayda believed that if she kept her prices reasonable she would receive that many more customers and outdo the other competition.

"Jasmine, Jasmine. Girl I know you hear me." Monét snapped into reality, realizing she was Jasmine.

"I just, I like to be alone. That's it." Monét shrugged her shoulders.

"Alright, let's just go get some drinks once and if you like to go back into being an introvert, I won't say anything. Pinky promise."

"Girl, alright damn. We can go get food and like two drinks. If we're cool outside of appointments, I will accept hanging out."

Coming to the conclusion that the only way Jayda would let this go is if she said yes, so she agreed. That formed an unbreakable bond in just a few short months.

Jayda also posted the picture on Instagram the night she was drunk not realizing that Monét was in the background. She couldn't be mad at her, she did everything to avoid this happening. She didn't know Dom was the man that would come over to her house and she didn't know Dom would force her into their marriage.