3.5 impervius!

Harry's pov ϟ

The next two weeks flew by with classes, quidditch practice, and constant studying. Defense against the Dark Arts was by far my favorite class, I especially enjoyed Professor Lupin's class on the boggarts.

"Now remember, these visits to Hogsmeade village are a privilege. Should your behavior reflect poorly on the school in any way, that privilege will not be extended again." McGonagall announced to the large group of third years.

Y/N touched my arm, silently telling me now was the time to ask McGonagall if she could sign my slip. I ran up to her quickly with the empty paper.

"No permission slip signed, no visiting the village. That's the rule, Potter." McGonagall started walking, leaving me behind.

"All those with permission, follow me. Those without, stay put," Filch called as he led the third years toward the village.

"No Professor, I thought that if you could sign it, I would be able to go."

"I can't. Only a parent or guardian can sign. Since I am neither, it would be inappropriate." She started walking before she turned around and put her hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry, Potter. That's my final word."

I turned around to see Y/N, Hermione, and Ron giving me a sympathetic look.

"Forget it, guys. See you later," I said glumly before turning around. I dragged my feet back into the castle as Y/N grabbed my arm.

"Where are you going?" she asked, a smile on her face.

"Huh?" I responded, quite confused. I looked behind her to see an empty courtyard. "Why didn't you go with them?"

"And leave you alone? Fat chance," she started walking and I ran up to her.

"What about Hermione? And Ron?"

"They'll be fine without me. But, I told them to bring back lots of sweets. I know you like the chocolate wands, so I told them to buy at least five of those."

"But," I stammered, trying to hide the grin on my face. "You would be missing out on the best thing of third year."

"I'm sure it's not that fun anyways. You would be alone," she shrugged as she pulled me along by the sleeve of my sweater. "Let's have some fun!"

I smiled as we ran into the castle. The next couple of hours were spent roaming the castle and testing Fred and George's prank shop products on first years. We laughed so hard I thought our lungs were going to give out. Eventually, Y/N pulled me into the library, telling me we had to finish the loads of homework we received earlier that day.

"Okay, what do we have to add to a Girding potion to turn it turquoise?" she quizzed as we sat across each other at the table.

"Uhm... fairy wings?"

"Correct!" Y/N laughed as she turned the page of the potions textbook. "At this rate, Snape is going to love your potion skil- Hermione! Ron!"

She stood as Ron and Hermione entered the room with a huge bag of sweets.

"We bought loads of snacks!" Hermione said excitedly as she poured them onto the table. "We got this fudge from Honeydukes, the chocolate wands obviously, black pepper imps-"

Y/N and I dove into the bag and grabbed handfuls of sweets, peeling each one open and taking large bites.

"You guys should've seen it. The post office has about two hundred owls. How amazing is that!" Ron exclaimed. "We went to Zonko's Joke Shop and the Three Broomsticks! We couldn't see the Shrieking Shack, though, which is-"