part five

*Aces POV*

              We just left Athena's, and Sage has already started crying. I swear this has happened twice now. Why has my son gotten so attached to her? I mean yeah she's beautiful, and caring but why?

         Sage is only attached to me like this. It kinda makes me jealous. Every since Sages whore of a mother left, he's only been attached to me like that. Crying when I left, and not stopping till I got home. I can't go back to her house, because I don't want her to think I'm weird. Not that I care or anything. How could I care, what a person thinks of me? I thought. I'm Ace Rossi, Don of the Italian mafia, what do I care. It's not like I like her or anything.

        I tried to convince myself that I didn't care, but deep down I did. I don't want to scare off the woman who my son loves. Yeah, that makes sense. I made my way to the car parked outside of her Apartment. I opened the back door, placing Sage in his car seat, my insides were warming up looking at how cute his red face looked, from all the crying.

         Don't get me wrong I feel really bad, but he's just so cute like that. I shook my thoughts off, closing the door. I went over to my side of the car, getting in, and throwing the baby bag in the passenger seat. I started the car and drove off. Weirdly I like driving, it calms me down. It eases my thoughts, but right now, with a crying baby, it wasn't so peaceful.

         After a short ten-minute drive, which also seemly felt like hours with Sage, we got to my house. I drove past the gates into the long driveway. I pulled up to my house, turning off the car. I stepped out, closing the door, enjoying the ten or so, seconds without a crying baby. I went over to Sage's door, opening it, only to have my ears filled with a loud cry.

           I let out a loud sigh, bending down to unbuckle him. Once I unbuckled him and picked him up, I started bouncing him as Athena did. It worked only about the time it took us to walk inside. And let me say that was the best minute or two minutes of my life. Just the quiet, with my favourite person in the world, that was until we made it inside and he started crying. And this time it wasn't like before, it was scream-crying.

           I know the maids and guards can hear it. That's just how loud it was. I look over to my right and see a guard with an unpleasant look on his face. I mentally laughed at that. My brain snapped out of it when Sage only started crying louder. I had to pull him off of my hip and hold him a distance from my ear.

          I am so damn tempted to go back to Athenas and let her deal with this shit, but I can't. I don't want to seem like a pussy to her, someone who can't even take care of their kid, who also seems like there stalking her. I might sorta care about what she thinks of me. There I said it. I don't know, how to explain this. I never cared about what anyone thought of me, but when it comes to her, I just really don't know. What the fuck is she doing to me.

          I asked her to be my nanny this morning. I know Sage practically loves her, and I don't mind her company. Which is weird because I mind everyone's company. I looked over at Sage and see he's still crying. I need to feed him, I thought. I can't remember the last time he ate. I'm sure Athena must have fed him, but maybe he's hungry again. I walked past the living room into the kitchen. Looking for some type of baby food, or bottle. I opened the fridge to see some baby food in there. I mentally cheered, grabbing it and making my way to the baby spoon drawer in my kitchen. Yes, my child has his drawer for his spoons.

           I grabbed one, closing the drawer, making my way to the dining room. During all of this Sage is still crying, go figure. I placed him down in his high chair, strapping him in, and sitting down myself. I opened his baby food, dipping the spoon in it, and bring it to Sage's mouth. To my surprise, he ate it.