chapter eight: a backseat alacrity

Harry's fingers flexed against hers as they made their way back to the car. Scarlett could sense his restraint as they walked up to his personal vehicle, little did she know that he was harnessing all control to keep himself calm until they got somewhere more private. He was such a powerful and daunting man but now he was flailing aimlessly to grip why he was so out of his mind over her. He was out of his mind over the fact that he wasn't alone in his desires and she was giving herself to him.

He admired how raw and honest and perceptive she was.

She slid into the Rolls Royce, her heart beating hard against her chest as followed her and encased her body with his frame. The door slammed behind him and the driver settled behind the steering wheel and peeled into traffic.

His scent was overpowering her thoughts, only burnt vanilla, chestnut curls, and soft lips the only thing her brain could heed.

"Come here." He purred.

He cocooned her in his presence, all but pressing her against the seat as he cupped her cheek in his palm and took her lips in an urgent kiss. His lips were so soft and pillowy against hers, a slight moan escaping them before he slid his tongue forward to meet hers.

Fuck he tasted immaculate, heaven diluted with the red wine they'd been drinking all night.

Scarletts hand reached for the nape of his neck, entwining with the chocolate curls there and fisting them harshly as she sucked on his tongue. His hand slid up her thigh, squeezing the grip he had as they became lost in each other.

Harry felt almost erratic with his need to be close to her, pressing himself against her and digging his fingers into her curves harshly. She knew it would bruise and she quivered at the concept of having reminders of this encounter.

Pulling away with a groan, Harry stared at her, destabilised with awe. His eyes flickered to his driver, who he paid more than enough for his discretion. Harry gave him a knowing look that ordered him to keep driving aimlessly until he'd been instructed otherwise. Wiping his lower lip with his finger, Harry clicked the button that brought up the partition between the front and back seats. He was especially glad at that moment for the black tinted windows.

Scarlett raised a brow at his brazen behaviour, hiding behind her hand when he turned to look at her with a crooked smirk.

"There you go getting all shy on me again."

Harry for a time often wondered if deep down she was truly as poised as she held herself externally. There had been a few moments where he'd truly stumped her with his shock for value language. But also in softer moments. For example, she enjoyed it when he told her he'd like to have his hands around her neck, but then blushed when he complimented her dress.

This woman was otherworldly, with plump lips and full curves. A hearty mind and an aura that encased him.

She let out a breathy laugh, yanking him towards her by the lapel of his suit jacket. He whipped it off of his shoulders, throwing it to the floor of the car without a care of where it landed. He found her lips once more, squeezing the side of her neck before sliding her legs across his lip to get her closer to him.

Harry clawed at the bare skin of her legs, reveling in how warm she felt. Neither of them was sure of what was happening, only knowing the lust that was driving them to act this way.

Scarlett, impatient and feeling her arousal becoming a desperate hunger, couldn't stop herself from lifting to her knees and throwing one to the other side of him. The minute she settled into a straddle above him, he hissed out, cupping her face and sucking on her lower lip. The image of her on top of him was almost too much for Harry to handle.