CHAPTER •°• twenty one

AFTER WHAT REMUS HEARD from Maggie he knew that Sirius lied to him. Again. But he also didn't really understand the reason for him to lie.

He didn't understand anything anymore, but he also didn't have strength or willingness to fight with Sirius or talk to him, so he went to the Ravenclaw common room instead.

There, he found Dylan, told him what happened and spent the night on the floor next to his bed.

It was uncomfortable and he didn't have any fresh clothes to change into in the morning or his books and they did have lessons that day, but that was okay.

Well, not okay, but he didn't regret sleeping somewhere, where there was no Sirius around.

The next day, Remus got up early, got ready as much as he could and left along with Dylan to the Great Hall. They especially did that sooner, so that Remus could later go for his things before the lessons.

Lupin did think about sitting with his friends, but seeing from afar as James and Lily were mingling and Sirius was talking nervously to Peter, changed his mind. He took a place next to Dylan at the Ravenclaw's table and decided to stay there.

At first he didn't talk too much and neither did Dylan. He only exchanged a few pleasantries with some girl from Ravenclaw, Remus was pretty sure her name was Emma, but nothing besides that.

Or maybe he did do something more, but Remus couldn't quite focus on that, because he was too tired and too focused on not thinking about Sirius, that he just didn't know anymore.

Not until Dylan spoke to him.

"So, are you just going to mope around until Christmas or longer or what?" He asked and Remus glared at him, kind of shocked that someone was talking to him.

He shouldn't be shocked because of that, after all it was only Dylan and he was sleeping on Dylan's floor and... ugh, or he didn't sleep, to be honest. He couldn't fall asleep cause it was too uncomfortable.

"Christmas is in three weeks." He answered, not knowing himself why exactly did it seem like an important thing to say. "So that's a lot... or not." He sighed. "I don't know anymore." He admitted finally and Dylan patted his shoulder in an awkward gesture.

"You know, I think if you just pressed him a bit harder he would tell you everything." Lewis stated and glanced at the Gryffindor table or, more precisely, the part of it where Sirius was sitting. "Just look at him." He ordered and Remus turned around to see Black.

He was talking to Peter while laying halfly on the table and some girl next to him was looking at him, a bit terrified.

"He looks relaxed." Assumed Lupin with pity, but Dylan only rolled his eyes and turned back around to face the table again, just like Remus did.

"He looks like he had a mental breakdown." He argued and Lupin glanced at him with doubtful expression.

"You are just trying to prove your point and make stuff up to do it." He said, but didn't add anything else so Dylan quickly answered with his notorious tone of the know-it-all.

"What I'm trying to do is make your life a bit easier." He sighed and then added his tone mocking. "If you, Gryffindors didn't act before thinking it would be so much easier." He said and when Remus glanced at him as if he wanted to say 'excuse me'. On that, Dylan added with even more mocking tone. "Remind me, what did you do when Sirius tried to stop you yesterday?"

"I went out to..." Started Remus and then paused, realising that he was only proving Dylan's point. "Okay, I know what you mean, but he still told me that Maggie has cancer, like what on Merlin's beard?" He asked, perplexed.