Chapter 54

Edits by Vesper

After receiving the little one's signal for help, Tang Tang slowly started lifting her head. She racked her brains for a passable excuse, "Husband, I think what Bao Bao said is reasonable. There isn't enough space for all three of us in the bed. There's no way to sleep well at night so it's better for us to sleep separately..."

Tang Tang was simply lying with her eyes open. The bed was 1.8 metres big. It was perfectly big enough for the family of three. Ji Xiao Zhuo could even do a forward roll on it. There was plenty of space.

"Not enough space?" Ji Yan squinted his eyes as he repeated the phrase.

"Haha. Yes." Tang Tang scratched her head guiltily. She summoned enough courage to nod. She really didn't dare to sleep on the same bed as Bao Bao's daddy tonight. How should she answer him if he interrogated her later? Her mind was currently in a mess. She could barely say her words properly.

Ji Yan stared at Tang Tang for a moment before asking, "You really don't want to sleep here?"

Tang Tang could sense that Ji Yan was not very happy. Honestly, it wasn't that she didn't want to sleep here but she was too nervous. He was being too unusual today. She was afraid. So she could only nod again.

Ji Yan snorted softly before replying dully, "Fine."

Ji Xiao Zhuo was somewhat stunned. He didn't expect his daddy to agree so easily. It was obvious that his daddy didn't want to agree before no matter what he said. How come he agreed so easily from just one sentence from mummy?

Tang Tang was also in disbelief. She thought he wouldn't agree to their request. How come he was letting them go so easily?

The mother and son pair remained still without budging. Ji Yan flipped a page of his book to read while asking, "Why are you not leaving? Didn't you two say you don't want to sleep with me?"

Suddenly, Tang Tang felt guilty. She felt like they were abandoning him. Wouldn't he be lonely? There would be no one there to speak to him. He could only read a book silently.

Tang Tang bit her lips. She was going to change her mind. But before she could say anything, Ji Xiao Zhuo ran out of the room while pulling Tang Tang along with him. He went as fast as the wind like he was afraid his daddy would suddenly change his mind.

Tang Tang: "..."

Ji Yan: "..."

Very quickly, Ji Xiao Zhuo pulled Tang Tang to enter the other bedroom. With the speed of the wind, Ji Xiao Zhuo threw himself onto the bed and rolled around excitedly. The originally neat bed looked as if a tornado had come by.

Didn't the little one's conscience hurt from abandoning his daddy?

Ji Xiao Zhuo's conscience wasn't hurt at all. He only stopped rolling around after getting tired. Then he patted on the bed and called Tang Tang over, "Quickly get on the bed, mummy! It will be just us sleeping together from now on!"

Tang Tang went over to lift him off the bed. She tidied the messy bed up before putting the little one back on the bed, "Bao Bao, don't you think it's not good for us to do this? Daddy would be lonely by himself. There is no one there to speak with him and we just left him to sleep alone."

The happiness disappeared from Ji Xiao Zhuo's face. He twiddled his fingers as guilt flashed across his eyes and mumbled, "But daddy keeps hugging mummy to sleep."

Tang Tang didn't understand why Ji Xiao Zhuo would react so strongly over this matter. It was like the little one particularly didn't like Ji Yan holding her. At night, it was like the little one was desperate to separate his parents. He would explode whenever he saw his parents sleeping together. It was scary. But the little one usually wasn't very possessive, as he cared about other people's feelings most of the time.