Chapter 55

Edits by Vesper

Tang Tang slept until afternoon. When she woke up, she felt very happy and was in great spirits. She thought the whole world was sparkling and everything looked beautiful no matter what she looked. She was in such a happy mood that she felt like she couldn't contain it!

Tang Tang thought probably everyone would be spirited when something good occurs.

Hehe, he also liked her. From now on, they were a proper husband and wife. She was happy whenever she thought about it.

Tang Tang happily ate her meal, then she happily did the laundry and chores. When it was time to pick up Ji Xiao Zhuo from the nursery, she happily left her home to go and pick up the little one.

However, when Tang Tang waved at the little one happily, the little one shot her a cold glance before looking away. His gaze was focused ahead as he led Wen Nuo away, unlike the usual where he would pounce on Tang Tang and called out "Mummy."

The little one looked very unhappy. Also, it seemed like he was unhappy with her.

Tang Tang thought for a moment and knew the reason why. Last night, the little one racked his brain to separate her and Ji Yan. He even locked the bedroom door to prevent his daddy from coming in to steal her, but when he woke up, he must have discovered that his mummy was missing again. One could imagine how distressed and heartbroken the little one felt.

It was no wonder that he was angry today.

Tang Tang couldn't help but tap her head. It was her fault that she got entranced by Ji Yan. Otherwise, she would have sneaked back into the room before the little one woke up so that he wouldn't know his daddy came the night before again to steal her away.

What a blunder.

Tang Tang smiled embarrassedly and went to greet the little one. She eagerly flattered him, "My super duper cute and handsome darling, Xiao Zhuo, mummy has come to pick you up."

Unfortunately, the little one didn't get coaxed by her flattering this time. His lips were taut. The usual chubby face that was smiling and brimming with happiness was now expressionless. He looked just like Ji Yan.

It was bad. It seemed like he was really angry this time.

To cheer the little one up, Tang Tang used her skills and made all his favourite dishes for dinner that night. Most of the dishes that filled the table were meat.

"Come, Bao Bao. Mummy made sweet and sour ribs. This is the largest piece." Tang Tang got the rib with the most meat and gave it to Ji Xiao Zhuo. She tried hard to cheer him up.

The usual Ji Xiao Zhuo would definitely take the rib and eat it happily then sweetly thank his mummy. But the little one coldly rejected it today. He didn't even care for his usual favourite spare ribs. He rejected it after taking a glance. Instead, he picked up some green vegetables to eat and said, "I need to lose weight. I'm not going to eat meat."

Oh no. Normally the little one would never say he was fat, so never mind about mentioning to lose weight. Since he even said that he was going to lose weight, he must be hurt very badly.

She had sinned.

Quickly, Tang Tang rushed back to the kitchen. She started kneading dough to make some coconut milk pastries for the little one. He didn't eat much during dinner, so he would surely be hungry later on.

Ji Yan came back and walked up to her from behind. He put his hands on her waist and rested his chin on her shoulders as he watched her work.

Tang Tang felt uneasy and turned around, "What are you doing here? Our son's playing outside."