Chapter 60

Edits by Vesper

That night, Wen Nuo, who remained unconscious, suddenly had a fever and started to mumble gibberish.

Tang Tang noticed that something was wrong and immediately went to find a nurse. The nurse took Wen Nuo's temperature. It was almost 40°C. She quickly went to find a doctor to prescribe some medicine and started a new drip for Wen Nuo.

Just when the nurse changed a new drip and left, Wen Nuo abruptly moved her head to the side and threw up. She threw up on Tang Tang who was beside her.

But Tang Tang didn't care about that. Because of Wen Nuo's sudden movement, there was now a lump on her hand, where the drip was connected, due to reflux. The regimental commander's wife hurriedly went to find a nurse but before the issue was dealt with, the little girl fell back into unconsciousness. She never opened her eyes again during the procedure.

"It's alright, people who had a concussion will feel dizzy and throw up." The regimental commander's wife tried to ease Tang Tang, "You should go to the bathroom and freshen up and get a change of clothes."

Tang Tang took the clothes that the regimental commander's wife brought and went to the toilet to get changed. When she came out, she got a basin of hot water and cleaned the little girl's face with a towel.

The little girl's face was not very big originally, but her face looked even smaller now that she was sick. She looked extremely pitiful. Even the regimental commander's wife couldn't stand by and watch. She spoke with her teeth clenched, "That Liu Zi Xuan simply went too far. We can't let this go no matter what she says. I need to speak to Wen Zhang Yi's political commissar. This issue must be handled properly!"

"En," Tang Tang carried on, "Let's wait until Nuo Nuo is awake and ask her what happened. We can't just let them listen to one side of the story."

The regimental commander's wife understood the reasoning and suppressed her anger temporarily. She held Ji Xiao Zhuo, who was deeply worried and refused to go home, and patted him on the back, "Nuo Nuo is alright. You should go back to sleep and accompany Nuo Nuo again tomorrow."

Worriedly, Ji Xiao Zhuo looked at Wen Nuo again. After confirming she was alright, he rubbed his eyes and fell asleep in the embrace of the regimental commander's wife.

The two adults didn't dare to shut their eyes all night. They watched over her until daybreak. However, the good news was that the little girl was finally awake in the morning after a day of unconsciousness. She slowly opened her eyes.

Ji Xiao Zhuo was the first person to notice that she was awake. He quickly went and grabbed her hand, "Nuo Nuo, Nuo Nuo, you're awake! You're finally awake! You really scared me this time!"

The two adults also gathered at the bed to take a look. Seeing the little girl was really awake, they repeated the same words.

The regimental commander's wife ran to look for a doctor.

Tang Tang stroked the little girl's pale face, "Nuo Nuo, can you hear auntie? Can you give some response to auntie if you hear me?"

The little girl's eyes were a little lifeless. She finally moved her eyes after a long time. Slowly, she looked at the people near her and blinked. Her lips moved. There was some sound but she was too quiet, and the adults couldn't hear her. Only Ji Xiao Zhuo who was the closest was able to hear her.

"Mummy, Nuo Nuo says she's in a lot of pain. What should we do?"

Tang Tang sighed in relief. It seemed like her mind was clear. Her brain wasn't injured. That was some good news in this unfortunate matter.