chapter fifty-eight

CHAPTER FIVESTILL HERE

CHAPTER FIVE
STILL HERE

I DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE YOU.

MINSOO & EUNHA FOCUS

Living in Neo House, Eunha's body naturally began waking up at earlier times. And although she appreciated it, sometimes she just wished to have her regular sleeping schedule back.

With the sun shining brightly through her window and cascading into the room and onto the end of her bed, she yawned.

The sudden reminder of the events and storm taking place last night finally hit her seconds after waking up. Her entire mood for the day was immediately ruined.

She sat up on the bed, her feet dangling over the bottom and she slid into some slippers and walked over to the window.

She peeked outside, looking at the drenched grounds with a bit of floodwater in some places. It was nothing she hadn't ever seen before so she backed up, closing the curtains to dim the light.

She had turned around, prepared to jump back into bed and try for another twenty minutes before she had to get up but her eyes caught sight of something, or rather someone, sitting on Minju's old bed.

"Minsoo?"

Her eyes geared up as she stared at her friend. She opened her mouth to begin asking questions but immediately closed it when she realized something odd.

"W-Wait, no that can't be right," she shook her head, the words only being said in an attempt to convince herself that she was seeing things. "No, no. This can't be. I'm probably hallucinating again."

Minsoo smiled softly at her friend, "Eunha? You're not hallucinating right now. I'm here."

Eunha shook her head, tears beginning to lay a sheen layer over her eyes as she tried looking at her friend. "No, this can't be real. You got carried out last night. There's no way you're-"

"Eunha," Minsoo spoke, catching the attention of the younger girl. Her tone sent chills down Eunha's back.

She looked into Minsoo's eyes and saw a scared girl wanting to be comforted in any way possible.

"I think... I think last night I had been killed." Minsoo finally spat out, her eyes droopy just like they had been the last time Eunha saw her before bed.

Eunha gawked at Minsoo's words. "Killed? How had you been killed? I thought you said you were okay last night before bed."

Minsoo nodded, "I had thought so too. But after that storm and the loud boom, it was like something clicked inside of me. I can't remember anything before I was stabbed with some needle or something. But whatever was injected in me... I think had immediately killed me. I remember it was like one of those scenes in movies where I could see my body being carried out."

"Where did they take you?"

Minsoo shrugged, "it was hard to follow. All I can remember seeing is being put into some kind of truck or ambulance and taken to some facility. Right now I think the doctors are still poking at my body on some kind of metal table."

It was silent in the room as Eunha tried not to make eye contact with her supposedly dead friend. "I don't want to believe you," she managed to whisper out, inaudible to Minsoo.

Her heels turned as she looked at where she had slept last night. Her eyes widened seeing the ruby necklace on the white bedsheets.

It must have fallen off last night while she was sleeping which would stand reason as to how she was now seeing Minsoo.

It was like with the zombie mice. Without her necklace, it was like the dead came to life and ghosts were visible.

→ ♕

late again 😔