𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 - 𝑷𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒕 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒆𝒅...

THINGS ARE CHANGING

THINGS ARE CHANGING

◦ ✧ ☾ ✧ ◦ 

"GRAHAM! HENRY'S RUN AWAY AGAIN. We have to..." Regina's voice called out through the station. Her and Freya abruptly came to a halt at the sight of Emma behind bars. "What is she doing here? Do you know where he is?"

"Honey, I haven't seen him since I dropped him at your house. And I have a pretty good alibi," Emma said, gesturing to the bars between them.

Regina responded impatiently, "Yeah, well, he wasn't in his room this morning."

Wanting to be helpful, Emma suggested, "Did you try his friends?"

"He doesn't really have any. He's kind of a loner," Regina responded, Freya cleared her throat causing Regina to clarify. "Besides Freya, but he's been distant lately."

"Did you check his computer? If he's close to someone, he'd be emailing them," Emma advised, making Freya wonder if she had experience dealing with runaways.

"And you know this how?" Regina asked.

"Finding people is what I do." Emma leaned forward so her head rested between the bars, proposing, "Here's an idea. How about you guys let me out and I'll help you find him?"

◦ ✧ ☾ ✧ ◦

The group had gone back to the house to search Henry's computer. Turns out he'd used a website to find Emma and an expensive one at that. Upon recovering the transaction record they were able to track down who he got the card off.

Mary Margaret Blanchard. Ironically, the same woman who had given Henry the book that started the chain of events leading up to this day.

"We'll pick this up after recess. No running!" Mary Margaret reminded her eager students who rushed out of the classroom.

Regina harshly shoved her way through, Emma and Freya carefully trailed mindfully walking past the children. Graham had left having to take care of some things back at the office.

The teacher looked at the new arrivals confused, "Miss Mills. What are you doing here?"

"Where's my son?" Regina demanded.

"Henry, I assumed he was home sick with you?" She inquired timidly.

"You think I'd be here if he was?" Freya flinched slightly at Regina's tone directed towards Mary Margaret. She had never understood why Regina hated the school teacher, probably one of the sweetest people in town, so much.