Chapter 13

" Sakhi bhanu had sent letter, asking all of us to come back and stay at hastinapur. What's you thoughts? " Vrushali asked looking at supriya, karna, durva, shon and vrishasen.

" Lets go then, I think we should go " Supriya agreed. " Vahini, me and durva would stay here, to look after anga " Shon interrupted. " No shon, you would also come there, we would appoint someone to look after anga " Karna replied. " But dada, what's the need when me and arya are there " Durva said innocently as usual.

" Durva, won't you both listen to us! " Supriya made an emotional blackmail with puppy, leaving everyone laughing. " As you wish angrani supriya " Shon said with mock respect joining his hands. " Should we leave day after tomorrow? " Vrushali suggested and everyone agreed.
---------------------------------------------------
Duryodhan and bhanumati stood at the gates, welcoming the family of anga. " Let's go to play now " Lakshmama pulled vedangi to her chamber. " Be careful girls " Vrushali shouted, duryodhan and karna chuckled. " Why are you both chuckling? " She asked glaring at them.

" Bhabhi our girls are grown up now! You want to see, what games they play now? " Duryodhan asked. " Yes " Vrushali nodded in curiosity. All five of them went to lakshmana's chamber. A proud smile spread on their lips. Lakshmana and vedangi were practising with a wooden sword, vedangi was teaching lakshmana a trick .

" Ahh... My girls! " Supriya hugged them both. " When did you all came? " Lakshmana asked. " When my girls were practicing " Supriya kissed them on cheeks. " Now you both carry on, we won't disturb you " They all left.
------------------------------------------------------
Karna got up from his bed as he heard some sound from the room besides his and vrushali's. He looked at his sleeping wife for a moment, she was looking innocent as a little girl. Karna rocked her head and walked towards the direction of the sound. The sound was coming from vedangi's room, karna gripped his dagger and hurried in her room.

Karna rolled his eyes and sighed in satisfaction, " Why are you awake so early vashusaini! " He exclaimed. Vedangi who was busy , giving shape to modaks jerked. " Baba! You got up. You need anything? " She asked.

" I got up by the tinkling sound of your anklets, you tell me why are you making these sweet" He asked knotting his eyebrows. " Baba, you forgot na! Today is sakha's birthday " She exclaimed. " No... No vashusaini, today is not lakshman's birthday " He questioned. " Baba! Lakshman is my brother, today is sakha ganesha's birthday! " She said with mock anger. Karna slammed his hand on his forehead and sat besides her. " Do you need any of my help, princess of anga"

" No baba it's almost done " She gave shape to last modak and placed it in the plate. They both kept the sweets in front of the ganesha idol in vedangi's room and prayed for everyone's well being. " Baba aren't you going to banks of ganga today? " . " Yes, I am going, why did you ask so? " He questioned. " May I also accompany you? " Vedangi asked innocently. " Yes you may " . Vedangi was overjoyed and dressed up quickly.

Vedangi sat on the banks of ganga, looking at her father who was giving obeisance to sun god. His earrings were blazing in the sunlight and his armour was shining. His shining ornaments and the sunlight colliding with his body created an whole different aura.

After karna was done giving obeisance, he joined his palms, his eyes still closed facing back to the shores

After karna was done giving obeisance, he joined his palms, his eyes still closed facing back to the shores. " Does someone needs charity ? " He asked three times without turning behind, when he received no answer he walked out of ganga towards vedangi. Vedangi looked at her father proudly, they both started walking towards the palace.

" Baba, from what age did you started giving this obeisance and why? " Vedangi asked. " Putri, I didn't even remember from when I started! But this has became a part of my life now. It feels like I am a part of sun god, indifferent from him. " Karna said still looking at sun. " And this charity? " She asked with curiosity, karna smiled a bit. " I started this charity since I came at hastinapur, from champanagari " Karna smiled.

" And baba, tell me how you married vrushali aai and supriya aai? " Karna chuckled a bit, " So many questions my little girl! " He patted her cheeks, vedangi looked at him with a frown.
" I won't answer this question of yours, you ask your mothers about it, they would answer better " Vedangi's face was lit up and she started pulling Karna, " Let's hurry up then, I can't wait to see them both blushing " She giggled.

As they both came at the door of the palace, a pair of eyes was fixed on them, eyebrows raised. " Where? " Vrushali asked. " What where? " Karna suppressed his smile. " Where have you both been, without informing anyone " Vedangi and Karna looked at each other and smiled. " Aai, I've went with baba to the banks of ganga " Vedangi said making puppy face. Vrushali nodded still glaring at them both. " Aai.... Aai come in na, I want to ask you some questions " Vedangi pulled her inside, winking at Karna.

" What question do you want to ask? " Vrushali said in low voice. Vedangi had told all her brothers to come in along with lakshman and lakshmana in their secret language, she also called supriya. " Say now! " Supriya exclaimed. " Aai, I want to hear the story behind baba's and your both's marriage " Vedangi said with wide grin, vrushali and supriya blushed.

" No... I am not going to tell that story at all " Vrushali said blushing, but then everyone started forcing her.
" Okay okay I would tell " She finally agreed. " So..........
--------------------- --------------------------------
Hey, my lovely readers, how was this chapter? Let me know through your comments.
The next part would tell the story of karnali and sukarn.
Are you guys excited?