Chapter 12

"Miss Dixon , I'm going to need you to answer the question today ." Kerrie urges.

You can practically hear her smirk . And if she wasn't giving me her back I would be able to see it too . She knows she's caught Kayla in a bear trap .

" I-I " she stutters again .

" You-you? You  slapped her didn't you !Or was it Jason do it . Ms Dixon I need answers . You did it right ?" Kerrie says .

Wow , she is really pushing her . Even I want to scream 'I did it' damn girl !

Kayla lays her head down . We did it . I dont know what exactly we did but we did it .

"Objection your honour . Council is persuing my client." Bella the bitch yells .

" Council , get straight to your point ." The judge says .

"Yes ,your honour . Miss Dixon,  why was her right side red?" She asks trying to sound calm . You could literally hear the anger dripping in between her words .

"  I slapped her ." She says in a low voice .

"Guessed that ." Kerrie says , sarcasm slipping through each word . Remind me not to be on her bad side please.

"Did you know about Mr Smith's marriage to Mrs Smith? I mean pre-relationship – if we can even call it that ." Kerrie asks .

"No , I did not."  She replies.

" And after you started working for them , did you know?" Kerrie continues .

"No ." She replies .

"How so Miss Dixon , there where a million signs that they were married . The big give away was that the company is called Smith Industries and is owned by a Mr and Mrs Smith .

You'd either have to be an infant or just plain old stupid to not realize that ." Kerrie says .

" You said Mrs Smith gave you the job despite your lack of qualification.  Now doesn't that just tell you the type of person she is?" Kerrie asks .

"Not really ."Kayla replies , back with her bitchy ass I see. This girl is an idiot .

"No , no Miss Dixon,  we both know that she's a great person . The only reason you wouldn't see that is because you so desperately want to live her life . Taking her husband,  taking her house , her
companies and then her entire life .

Sound familiar to you? Because that to me sounds exactly like your dream board , the one you used to plan my client's down fall . What do you have to say for yourself ?" Kerrie says . Oh my word , she's on fire .

She looks at Kayla and so do I,  expecting her to say something , but she stays quiet. 

"No further questions , your honour ." Kerrie says then sits back down .

The judge looks at her watch then looks back up at us .

"Court adjourned. " she simply says .

The bible guy yells  'all rise'  and everybody stands . Kerrie nudges me and I spring up. 

The judge leaves and so do the people who dont have lives . Who just prefer to come to the court and listen to other people's problems.

Kayla and Jason and Bella the bitch also stand and leave . Kerrie looks at me , she's looking for some sort of reassurance.

She's wondering if I'm okay with being around those two . Frankly I don't give a flying dick about them .

"Well hello , Cassiey ." a slutty voice says . Oh , I didn't know that after our case . Oh , I didn't know  that after our case the court has a prostitute case . Oh , wait that's my husband's mistress.

I turn and look at her , Bella bitch looks aesthetic . It's as if she know that there's a gallon of juicy insults about to escape my mouth .

I won't give her the satisfaction. I pump my chest up and look at Kerrie . Her face is literally saying dont you dare do it Cassandra.

I give her a reassuring nod . Then I look back at the two . Jason has literally frozen , his lips have lost colour and his eyes are stuck like glue on me .

I smile . Not because I'm happy to see these two shit bags , but because they are so afraid of me .

"Hi Kayla . Aren't you looking wonderful." I say to her.

Kerrie looks like she's about to drop her jaw on the wooden floor . Bella bitch's pride has dissolved like sugar in hot tea .

Jason looks pale . He's the only one that knows how calm I can look when I'm angry . But at the moment I'm not angry , I'm fucken pissed .

"Uh-uh." Kayla stutters .

"Well it was nice to see you . Sorry for what I did to ... that ." I say pointing to her bruised face .

I walk past their frozen structures . When I reach the double doors I turn and find them still staring at me .

"Well... Kerrie,  you coming?" I ask her . She quickly collects herself . Her heels click hard against the wooden floor of the court as she lady runs to me .

"Drive safely ." I say to Kayla and Jason . Kayla nods but Jason stays frozen as ever.

I hook my arm around Kerrie's and pull her lightly to come with me . She's still very much fazed .

I pull her towards the double door s and towards the police van that transported me here .

"Hey" I say to the guard.

He just nods at me  then looks away .

"What the hell was that ?" Kerrie whisper-yells.

I know exactly what and who she's talking about  but I decide to play petty and clueless.

"What ? Greeting the guard ? I'm just trying to make friends . " I say , slightly smirking .

"Cassandra,  you know very well that that's not what I'm talking about . What the hell was that with those two?" She asks , a bit louder this time .

"Did you want me to ignore her greetings? Because if that's so then you could have pulled me away from having a conversation. "I simply say .

"No , I do not care for you having a conversation with them . But why were you so... calm and collected ?" She asks .

Petty Cassandra is making another appearance.

"Are you saying that all those other days I was frustrated and a mess ? Is that what you're insinuating?"  I ask . She looks like she's about to defend. 

"Jack , take me away ." I say to the officer .

"My name is Joseph ."  He says looking annoyed .

"Hmm... close enough ."  I say sounding still very petty .

He huffs in annoyance but still let's me into the van .

When did I become this talkative , or this confident or fuck it this petty .

I like this new me , I'm keeping her .

Author's note.

Hey everyone , I missed yall so much . Sorry for not updating.  School has been murdering me .☹

Thanks again to those who are reading and recommending,  you mean the world to me . My dream is slowly coming true . If this book gets published I would be in euphoria 😭❤

Thank you to those who have voted . And if you have missed it , Fate has other plans  was voted #6 in category for Cheating all thanks to you .❤💍

Btw , I've started a new Instagram account,  where you will get to know me and new insights on other books I'll be working on .

Its @its.nic_   please follow

Vote , comment and recommend 🥰🤲

Nic275