068 | family

a million times over,
they will choose each other

DRIBBLING FROM THE SKY, the rain fell to the ground with welcoming arms stretched open

DRIBBLING FROM THE SKY, the rain fell to the ground with welcoming arms stretched open. Washing the world, quenching soil and the life that depended upon it, the world is ready for the rain's cooling, oblivious nature. The percussion to birdsongs, the bringer of brightness to every hue of bark and lead, in either warmth or coldness, sunlight or moonlight, rain comes, humble to its role.

A woman strolled across the street. With flowing lavender hair cascading down her back, straightened spine, glossy lilac eyes scanning the slightly empty areas, slender fingers wrapped around the handle of an opaque crimson umbrella above her head, and a benevolent expression plastered onto her face, she captured the attention of both humans and nature alike. The rain seemed fond of her, dropping slowly to get a glimpse of the celestial being, marvelling at the aged beauty; curious, curiously curious.

Mizuki Sayeko, the heavens sang.

"Come on, Koji." A boy with curly lavender hair bounded over to her, his own umbrella clutched tightly in his hand. She extended her arm. "Hold onto my hand."

"Okay, Mama."

A smile tugged at Mizuki's lips. Small fingers laced together with hers, providing her with a warmth only felt by a mother with her child. Koji Akaashi-Sayeko. From the name, I'm sure you could tell that this child was Mizuki's and Keiji's. Memories of how the twins acted at the news never failed to flower happiness within her. Haruto and Hiroto were ecstatic to have a new playmate, having been only three when Yuuki was born and five when Koji was born. Now they were ten, Yuuki seven and Koji five. Mizuki recalled their owl-like eyes, following over their younger brothers protectively, being more than helpful and taking care of the babies by watching over them even when Mizuki was sitting right beside them.

Haruto and Hiroto truly were a blessing in disguise. Totally not mistakes. Totally not.

Now Mizuki was pregnant again, thanks to Kenma. She continuously forced herself to focus on the aftermath, the goodness that came after pregnancy. Mizuki promised to herself that after this child, she was not going to get pregnant anymore. Carrying babies four times was more than enough for her. Bokuto's dream of having his own volleyball team could fuck off and burn in hell Mizuki's words, not mine.

"Home!" Koji exclaimed with a giant grin on his face. He pointed at their house, and Mizuki chuckled softly.

"Yes, baby. We're home."

They walked through the gate, passing through the various trees planted along their walkway, bedizened by elegant, colourful flowers, tilted up and absorbing the different heart-warming rays of the sun, though now covered by grey and white clouds. Mizuki helped her baby up the stairs, amused as he jumped up, a giggle slipping past his lips. She reached for the handle, pressing down and sliding the door open.