Chapter 13 | maeve's grammar skills are good. as is chocolate pudding.

-----------------> WHEN MAEVE RETURNED TO THE COMMON ROOM after her little chat with Regulus, she was greeted by Kate's melodic voice as she covered Celestina Warbeck song, You Charmed The Heart Right Out Of Me

-----------------> WHEN MAEVE RETURNED TO THE COMMON ROOM after her little chat with Regulus, she was greeted by Kate's melodic voice as she covered Celestina Warbeck song, You Charmed The Heart Right Out Of Me. The closer she walked, Maeve observed her friends sitting around a tea table where half-emptied mugs of hot chocolates were littered on it, woollen coasters ignored.

Halley was seated on the floor, an elbow planted on the table as she wrote down things on a parchment, numerous books surrounding her. Max was sitting on the sofa behind her and reading a book with concentration. Kate was rooted beside him, singing and swaying while evidently reading something. Meanwhile, Bruce was perched on an arm-chair, listening to Kate's sonnet and darting his eyes lazily around the room. When he noticed her figure, Bruce waved her over with a smile.

"How was your walk?" He inquired politely.

"My walk?" Maeve' echoed, confused.

"Yeah..." Bruce's brows furrowed. "Halley said you went for a walk earlier today?"

"Oh, that walk!" Maeve eyes lit up with understanding. "It was lovely. I saw trees."

"Only trees?"

"Ladybugs as well," Maeve chirped, walking over and sitting down on one of the free armchairs. "What are you lot up to?"

"A variety of things," Bruce began, voice dropping down to a whisper as if he was unravelling a great secret. "Max is reading Quidditch Through the Ages whose book cover has been enchanted to resemble our transfigurations textbook. Kate is singing, as you can hear, but she is actually supposed to finish her Divination homework. Halley is probably the only one among us really doing homework. Big shocker."

"What about you?" Maeve asked with sparkling eyes.

Bruce grinned. "I'm procrastinating."

"Uh-huh. Try doing your homework now. Unlike me, I know you genuinely care about your schoolwork."

Bruce's lips twisted to settle into a pout. "But Maeve-y! I'm bored... I don't wanna do homework!"

Maeve shrugged her shoulders before closing her eyes as she relaxed into the chair. "Then don't. I'm advising you to do your homework for your benefit. If you don't want to, then you'll most likely get a black mark in your stainless report. Your mum, given how meticulous she is about your education, will probably question why you didn't do your homework and—" By now, Maeve reopened her eyes only to see Bruce frantically rushing to write his homework.

Maeve giggled and watched the events which were occurring around the Hufflepuff Common Room with a soft smile. Outside the property of Hogwarts, a war was going on, but it was comforting to know that smiles still existed in such tiring times.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Later that night, like all Wednesdays, Maeve was stationed to patrol the dungeons, the location of which she was thankful for considering that the Hufflepuff Common Room was nearby, meaning she wouldn't have to walk far. Upon finishing her rounds, Maeve wandered into the kitchens, which always welcomed her despite the odd times with the wafting scents of food. Maeve plopped herself onto a chair, greeting whichever House-Elves were awake with a pleasant smile.